Andscacs - New version 0.89

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

leslies

Re: Andscacs - New version 0.89

Post by leslies »

THANKS .I now have syzygy path but theres no output of tb hits.i'm using arena 3.5.1 and windows 10.?it all worked in last version.?
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

leslies wrote:THANKS .I now have syzygy path but theres no output of tb hits.i'm using arena 3.5.1 and windows 10.?it all worked in last version.?
When you enter the DTZs there is no output tbhits.
But they work.
Output tbhits is when the WDLs work.
leslies

Post by leslies »

ok thanks,i'll test it against .88 version
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

Andscas with three cores works perfectly. Totally stable.

An image where we see the tbhits:

cdani

Post by cdani »

velmarin wrote:Andscas with three cores works perfectly. Totally stable.

An image where we see the tbhits:

Some people has reported random crashes with Syzygy. Maybe it works for some games, and then crash. Even myself I had some but few. I will try to find the cause, maybe for the next version. Thanks.
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi Daniel,

in around 2 hours my test-run will be start.
I will give you a hint if I can see here a problem.

2.000 games are to play ... with 1 core, 4Ghz, 40 moves in 10 minutes and 4-pieces.

But I try it out in the last two days on an other i7 Systems (I have 5 i7 Systems, three for my Rating list). And here saw no Problems with 40 moves in 40 minutes on 4.2 Ghz and 1024Mb for RAM and 1 core under Windows 7 Pro in around 80 games I produced with ponder = on.

Best
Frank
cdani

Post by cdani »

Frank Quisinsky wrote:Hi Daniel,

in around 2 hours my test-run will be start.
I will give you a hint if I can see here a problem.

2.000 games are to play ... with 1 core, 4Ghz, 40 moves in 10 minutes and 4-pieces.

But I try it out in the last two days on an other i7 Systems (I have 5 i7 Systems, three for my Rating list). And here saw no Problems with 40 moves in 40 minutes on 4.2 Ghz and 1024Mb for RAM and 1 core under Windows 7 Pro in around 80 games I produced with ponder = on.

Best
Frank
Thanks!!! I will follow it :-)
Colin-G

Post by Colin-G »

cdani wrote: Some people has reported random crashes with Syzygy. Maybe it works for some games, and then crash. Even myself I had some but few. I will try to find the cause, maybe for the next version. Thanks.
When I first started using Syzygy bases with Stockfish 6, I found a couple of endgame positions that repeatably crashed it.
The problem was due to not having a complete set of 5 man bases.
Initially I could not find a download site for the bases, and generated all the 3 and 4 man bases, plus some of the more common 5 man ones, myself.
The problem went away later, after I found the download site, and got the full set of 5 man bases.
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

Colin-G wrote:
cdani wrote: Some people has reported random crashes with Syzygy. Maybe it works for some games, and then crash. Even myself I had some but few. I will try to find the cause, maybe for the next version. Thanks.
When I first started using Syzygy bases with Stockfish 6, I found a couple of endgame positions that repeatably crashed it.
Initially I could not find a download site for the bases, and generated all the 3 and 4 man bases, plus some of the more common 5 man ones, myself.
The problem went away later, after I found the download site, and got the full set of 5 man bases.
If both motors have SYZYGY support they should produce the same fault.

It is possible that the problem is with the GUI used. Fritz and Chessbase have native support of SYZYGY bases, and are loaded into memory when starting the program, surely this helps a lot.
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

velmarin wrote:
Colin-G wrote:
If both motors have SYZYGY support they should produce the same fault.
I disagree. It depends on the implementation of Syzygy how they handle incomplete sets e.g. misssing promotion tablebases.