Fire 5 is out!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

kranium

Re: Fire 5 is out!

Post by kranium »

Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote:
kranium wrote:
JJJ wrote:Bitdefender says the webpage and the link is trojan.
I can assure you it's not...

PS - I just updated the download archive to include a 64-bit version that should run in Linux via wine, but it's not well tested.
Norman, to give you some good advice for Fire 6: look very carefully at your king safety, Fire 5 loses about 70% of its games (based on what I have watched on TCEC) due to its poor king safety. Fire tends not to castle, frequently staying in the center. Whether it is due to some kind of castling rigth bonus or poor king mg psqt, I do not know, but the problem is quite evident and recurrent.
Thanks Lyudmil...
your advice is always welcome.

Yes, I do remember seeing some of that myself.

It's something I haven't addressed obviously, as I spent so much time this last year resolving the TCEC crashes which were occasionally occurring the last 2 seasons.

Thanks-
Norm
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

Everything is compressed, can decompress.

Fire 5 is clearly a derived Stockfish, a project liar.
the unpacked String chains clearly shows the origin of Stockfish code.
Work in Fire 5 has only been on the code of Stockish.
One plus derivate.
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Before you start critisizing others of copyright infrigment I think you should work more on your own engine. It has been quite some time since Boquet has been updated, don't you think ?
Fire has its origins from Ippolit has nothing to do with Stockfish. Also I don't know how much of ippolit source code it contains. Fire 5 can be complete rewrite so it does not contain any of Ippolit code.
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

Damir wrote:Before you start critisizing others of copyright infrigment I think you should work more on your own engine. It has been quite some time since Boquet has been updated, don't you think ?
Fire has its origins from Ippolit has nothing to do with Stockfish. Also I don't know how much of ippolit source code it contains. Fire 5 can be complete rewrite so it does not contain any of Ippolit code.
We are talking about in a thread Fire,
Not is a thread of Bouquet. you do not behave how a stupid. Please don't.
We agree on something, Fire does not already contain code Ippolít.
It is code Stockfish, not Ippolít.
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

How do you know Fire 5 is based on Stockfish ?
As far as I know Fire 5 is closed source... Aren't you just jumping to conclusions ?
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

Damir wrote:How do you know Fire 5 is based on Stockfish ?
As far as I know Fire 5 is closed source... Aren't you just jumping to conclusions ?
Even when the exe (which could be easily checked otherwise) is compressed (quasi 'encrypted')
with Mpress for obvious reasons, there are some tricks to decompress it, but all this was already said by Jose.
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Damir wrote:How do you know Fire 5 is based on Stockfish ?
People do that very regularly here.... If you aren't one of the old school, whiter than white good guys, beyond any suspicion, then watch out.
kranium

Post by kranium »

velmarin wrote: the unpacked String chains clearly shows the origin of Stockfish code.
Jose-

Ever since I demonstrated that Bouquet was a clone of Fire 2.2 in the engine origins forum 2 years ago...
http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52211
you have taken every opportunity possible to insult me directly.

Why don't you show these strings for experts to see and evaluate in engine origins forum...?
instead of trying to hurt me by making completely unfounded and unsubstantiated accusations here.

The fact is you have nothing and you know it, you dislike me and are simply throwing mud.
That's really low...
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

kranium wrote:
velmarin wrote: the unpacked String chains clearly shows the origin of Stockfish code.
Jose-

Ever since I demonstrated that Bouquet was a clone of Fire 2.2 in the engine origins forum 2 years ago...

Why don't you show these strings for experts to see and evaluate in engine origins forum...?
instead of trying to hurt me by making completely unfounded and unsubstantiated accusations here.

The fact is you have nothing and you know it, you dislike me and are simply throwing mud.
That's really low...
Hum, so be.
I will open the thread and put the evidence.
You already wanted to sell a program illegal, not it recalls.
But they caught him.
A Distel

Post by A Distel »

velmarin wrote:
kranium wrote:
Jose-

That's really low...
Hum, so be.
I will open the thread and put the evidence.
You already wanted to sell a program illegal, not it recalls.
But they caught him.
Sir, stop making negative judgmental assumptions about what other people created... by judging everything, you are learning nothing.
The road to chaos is filled with political correctness.
― Tadros