The Official Fishbook Opening Books Released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

drj4759

The Official Fishbook Opening Books Released

Post by drj4759 »

Three versions of Fishbook Opening books:

Fishbook Neutral - 10 moves depth
Fishbook Active - 15 moves depth
Fishbook Dynamic - 30 moves depth

See details here:
http://chessowl.blogspot.com/2016/10/fi ... eased.html
fantasmadel50

Re: The Official Fishbook Opening Books Released

Post by fantasmadel50 »

Many garcias for his contribution Donald Jordan, just want to warn that the fishbook of 10/18/16, that evil. Muchas garcías por su aporte Donald Jordan, solo quiero avisar que el fishbook del 18/10/16, esa mal.
Nay Lin Tun

Post by Nay Lin Tun »

Is it a joke or trojan/virus? After skipping too many ads, i see 32 bytes fishbook.

High risk, absolutely no way a book with that size.

Please delete this thread.
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

Nay Lin Tun wrote:Is it a joke or trojan/virus? After skipping too many ads, i see 32 bytes fishbook.

High risk, absolutely no way a book with that size.

Please delete this thread.
I agree, that download link is crap.
drj4759

Post by drj4759 »

Sorry for the inconvenience. There seems to be a technical glitch with mediafire.com where the files reside. My fault is not double-checking the links after the simultaneous upload.

Please try again the same link:

I apologize.
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Post by Laskos »

drj4759 wrote:Sorry for the inconvenience. There seems to be a technical glitch with mediafire.com where the files reside. My fault is not double-checking the links after the simultaneous upload.

Please try again the same link:

I apologize.
Why Dynamic is in Arena format? Can you post it in Polyglot bin format? What is this Goby executable?
drj4759

Post by drj4759 »

Fishbook Dynamic opening book is in Arena format because I use Arena GUI exclusively in the ChessOwl rating list production. Fishbook came into being when BrainFish/Cerebellum appeared and it massacred all the strongest chess engines inlcluding Stockfish and Komodo. The Perfect 2016 opening book used could not match the power of Cerebellum. I am not keen on having aggresive and strong opening books because that is not suitable for rating list. But this need came when Cerebellum was just too strong for Fauzi, HS-Grandbook and others. So, I decided to create one that will will neutralize Cerebellum.

I am not familiar with Polyglot, ctg and other formats but will try to learn to create them in my spare time.

Goby is a clone of CFish. I needed an engine that can neutralize and beat Brainfish. Stockfish is just the equal of Brainfish. Asmfish and CFish were stronger than Stockfish and Brainfish but both could not run under Linux/WINE/Arena. I cannot modify Asmfish but found it easy to disable NUMA under CFish to make it run in Linux and so Goby was born.
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Post by Laskos »

drj4759 wrote:Fishbook Dynamic opening book is in Arena format because I use Arena GUI exclusively in the ChessOwl rating list production. Fishbook came into being when BrainFish/Cerebellum appeared and it massacred all the strongest chess engines inlcluding Stockfish and Komodo. The Perfect 2016 opening book used could not match the power of Cerebellum. I am not keen on having aggresive and strong opening books because that is not suitable for rating list. But this need came when Cerebellum was just too strong for Fauzi, HS-Grandbook and others. So, I decided to create one that will will neutralize Cerebellum.

I am not familiar with Polyglot, ctg and other formats but will try to learn to create them in my spare time.

Goby is a clone of CFish. I needed an engine that can neutralize and beat Brainfish. Stockfish is just the equal of Brainfish. Asmfish and CFish were stronger than Stockfish and Brainfish but both could not run under Linux/WINE/Arena. I cannot modify Asmfish but found it easy to disable NUMA under CFish to make it run in Linux and so Goby was born.
Thanks!
shrapnel

Post by shrapnel »

drj4759 wrote:Fishbook Dynamic opening book is in Arena format because I use Arena GUI exclusively in the ChessOwl rating list production. Fishbook came into being when BrainFish/Cerebellum appeared and it massacred all the strongest chess engines inlcluding Stockfish and Komodo. The Perfect 2016 opening book used could not match the power of Cerebellum. I am not keen on having aggresive and strong opening books because that is not suitable for rating list. But this need came when Cerebellum was just too strong for Fauzi, HS-Grandbook and others. So, I decided to create one that will will neutralize Cerebellum.

You think your Book can even BEGIN to match Cerebellum !?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
i7 5960X @ 4.1 Ghz, 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM, Twin Asus ROG Strix OC 11 GB Geforce 2080 Tis
drj4759

Post by drj4759 »

Try it before posting sarcastic comments and shut up if you find out.