11 Year Old Boy Beat GM (2645 elo) in 18 moves

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mehmet karaman

11 Year Old Boy Beat GM (2645 elo) in 18 moves

Post by mehmet karaman »

I think this boy will break the record for the youngest Grandmaster (Karjakin 12.5 years old)

Praggnanandhaa was born on Aug-10-2005

http://en.chessbase.com/post/news-flash ... toric-game
CheckersGuy

Re: 11 Year Old Boy Beat GM (2645 elo) in 18 moves

Post by CheckersGuy »

He`s going to be World-Champion one day.
Pretty crazy how good some of those kid are. The would beat me in less than 18 moves every time (;
shrapnel

Post by shrapnel »

I certainly hope that he will be the next Vishwanathan Anand !
i7 5960X @ 4.1 Ghz, 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM, Twin Asus ROG Strix OC 11 GB Geforce 2080 Tis
Jesse Gersenson

Post by Jesse Gersenson »

I got to watch this boy play, in person, recently. He's got amazing concentration and his entire person is in the game.
PaulieD

Post by PaulieD »

I remember one tournament where I played a father/son. With Dad it was a grueling game where he finally fell into a trap. A couple of rounds later I played his 11 yr old son. The son showed up at the board and put his legs underneath him on the chair. I said to myself (he's just a little kid) .
He promptly "crushed" me.
I understimated him significantly, but do not know if I would have won even if I properly estimated his strength...probably not.

He played so effortlessly.
Watch out for the kids! :)
CheckersGuy

Post by CheckersGuy »

PaulieD wrote:I remember one tournament where I played a father/son. With Dad it was a grueling game where he finally fell into a trap. A couple of rounds later I played his 11 yr old son. The son showed up at the board and put his legs underneath him on the chair. I said to myself (he's just a little kid) .
I understimated him significantly, but do not know if I would have won even if I properly estimated his strength...probably not.

It's true in General that if you spend a large percentage of your life doing X, for example chess, you are going to be very good at it (Assuming you have some talent). Let say he started playing chess at the age of 5. Then he played chess for about half his liife already. The learning curve for such talented Kids is very very sharp at the beginning.
Dan Cooper

Post by Dan Cooper »

Only 1 inaccuracy according to lichess analysis.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

mehmet karaman wrote:I think this boy will break the record for the youngest Grandmaster (Karjakin 12.5 years old)

Praggnanandhaa was born on Aug-10-2005

http://en.chessbase.com/post/news-flash ... toric-game
that's pretty impressive ...
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Post by Laskos »

CheckersGuy wrote:
PaulieD wrote:I remember one tournament where I played a father/son. With Dad it was a grueling game where he finally fell into a trap. A couple of rounds later I played his 11 yr old son. The son showed up at the board and put his legs underneath him on the chair. I said to myself (he's just a little kid) .

It's true in General that if you spend a large percentage of your life doing X, for example chess, you are going to be very good at it (Assuming you have some talent). Let say he started playing chess at the age of 5. Then he played chess for about half his liife already. The learning curve for such talented Kids is very very sharp at the beginning.
Talent, big talent is a large component. Sure, together with hard-working. But If you have 10 random 5-year kids hard-working, the odds are not a single random kid becomes a GM.
Dan Cooper

Post by Dan Cooper »

Laskos wrote:
CheckersGuy wrote:

Talent, big talent is a large component. Sure, together with hard-working. But If you have 10 random 5-year kids hard-working, the odds are not a single random kid becomes a GM.
Not all 10 random kids will be motivated to continue with chess long enough to become a GM.