FF 48.02 and huge tables at GoogleDrive (XB/UCI chronology)?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Re: FF 48.02 and huge tables at GoogleDrive (XB/UCI chronolo

Post by Eelco de Groot »

Ras wrote:Loading is quick, some seconds or so (my line is at 12 Mbit). Scrolling in the first table is easy. However, clicking on "country code", FF becomes unresponsive and finally offers to abort some running script.

FF 45.3.0 ESR here.
No big problems with FF 48.02, the different tables load within one second or thereabouts, except the Country Codes apparently, at the top I get a notice "Een webpagina vertraagt uw browser, wachten of stoppen?" After waiting a bit the notice disappears again.

(If I have an unresponsive Firefox, practically always happens after having lots of tabs open especially in Windows 10, I usually try to close down the browser at the Windows taskbar at the bottom, pressing the X to close all browser tabs at once. Firefox then says it has crashed usually, "Do you wish to file a report? - No" and you can restart it with the same tabs or selecting the most important, but it will only actually open (reload) them when you select a tab. Firefox will then work fine for a few days more.)
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first
place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you
are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
-- Brian W. Kernighan
Volker Pittlik
Full name: Volker Pittlik

Re: FF 48.02 and huge tables at GoogleDrive (XB/UCI chronolo

Post by Volker Pittlik »

Guenther wrote:...
Can someone try and report his loading experience/browser version?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... cyORPiHnto

Guenther
Loads within seconds wit FF 48.02

Volker