For fans of old chess computers

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Daniel Anulliero

Re: For fans of old chess computers

Post by Daniel Anulliero »

Thanks for your great work Franz, I'm a fan ! :)
The Chess Traveller works just fine
:)
I have a question :
Is it possible to emulate the first mephisto machines ? ( versions 1, X, 2, 3)
These are the légendary "brikets" programmed by Thomas Nitsche in the beginnings of 80's
And also ...
The Sargon 2.5 by Spracklen's
All the best
Dany
F.Huber

Post by F.Huber »

Hi Dany!
Daniel Anulliero wrote: I have a question :
These are the légendary "brikets" programmed by Thomas Nitsche in the beginnings of 80's
And also ...
Well, since there are no ROMs and no drivers available for these machines, there's nothing I can do, sorry.

Franz
Daniel Anulliero

F.Huber wrote:Hi Dany!
Daniel Anulliero wrote: I have a question :
And also ...
Well, since there are no ROMs and no drivers available for these machines, there's nothing I can do, sorry.

Franz
It doesn't matter Franz , CB EMU is full of others great machines :wink:
Bests
Dany
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Great work Franz.

Again....
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

This is great fun. FANTASTIC !

Many thanks Frank,

Eran
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

Hi Franz,

Thanks once again for the updates, I really like them!

I might as well sell my collection of old chess computers, now I have your emulations ;-).

Kind regards, Jeroen
Daniel Anulliero

Jeroen wrote:Hi Franz,

Thanks once again for the updates, I really like them!

I might as well sell my collection of old chess computers, now I have your emulations ;-).

Kind regards, Jeroen
Me too! :lol:
I'll Keep just the mephisto "briket" and the boris "wooden"
I will sell all others :wink:
F.Huber

Post by F.Huber »

Daniel Anulliero wrote: I will sell all others :wink:
Not a good idea - maybe anytime in the future you'll blame me and my CB-Emu that you're missing your real collection. ;)

Anyway, here's a new CB-Emu version. :)

1) I've added 3 new (rather exotic) German chesscomputers (Schachcomputer SC1, SC2 and SLC-1), and
2) my additional chessboards for all non-sensory chess modules now have an additional 'Turn Board' button,
which can be used to turn the board view at any time during the game.

Since I had to change many files for this new feature, I've made a full package again instead of an update - here's the link:
http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/P3YkBo0H/file.html

Now I've included ALL available chess modules from MESS which I could get working,
so this is probably the last and final CB-Emu release.

Regards,
Franz
royb

Post by royb »

F.Huber wrote:
Daniel Anulliero wrote: I will sell all others :wink:
Not a good idea - maybe anytime in the future you'll blame me and my CB-Emu that you're missing your real collection. ;)

Anyway, here's a new CB-Emu version. :)

1) I've added 3 new (rather exotic) German chesscomputers (Schachcomputer SC1, SC2 and SLC-1), and
2) my additional chessboards for all non-sensory chess modules now have an additional 'Turn Board' button,
which can be used to turn the board view at any time during the game.

Since I had to change many files for this new feature, I've made a full package again instead of an update - here's the link:
http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/P3YkBo0H/file.html

Now I've included ALL available chess modules from MESS which I could get working,
so this is probably the last and final CB-Emu release.

Regards,
Franz
Franz,

Many thanks for the update! I forgot how to change the settings from Direct3D to OpenGL though. I did the update in the GUI (under Options -> Default System Options) but there were some files that had to be removed also and I cannot remember which ones those were. Can you remind me of which files I need to delete in addition to changing the default videomode to OpenGL? My system cannot handle Direct3D so I need to make this change to enable things to run at all.

Thanks!
F.Huber

Post by F.Huber »

Hi Roy!
royb wrote: I forgot how to change the settings from Direct3D to OpenGL though. I did the update in the GUI (under Options -> Default System Options) but there were some files that had to be removed also and I cannot remember which ones those were. Can you remind me of which files I need to delete in addition to changing the default videomode to OpenGL? My system cannot handle Direct3D so I need to make this change to enable things to run at all.
Well, for changing the video mode you would have to delete all ini-files (in the ini-folder), so that they would be recreated after you have changed the setting in MESS.

But that's not necessary at all - just for this purpose I've included 2 ZIP-files (ini-OpenGL.zip and ini-GDI.zip), which you just need to unzip (with its subfolders!) into the CB-Emu folder - this overwrites all necessary files for either OpenGL or GDI video setting.

Regards,
Franz