OT: Full Removal of Windows 10

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Terry McCracken

OT: Full Removal of Windows 10

Post by Terry McCracken »

How can you completely remove Win 10 from your hard drive? A complete low level format? Are there tools out there that can do it? I want to restore Win 7.

Thanks
Terry McCracken
opraus

Re: OT: Full Removal of Windows 10

Post by opraus »

Daniel Anulliero

Post by Daniel Anulliero »

Try a recovery , if you have a recovery partition and à pc not too old 😉
Terry McCracken

So no one has a clue. You could have just said that.
Terry McCracken
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

Test with a hammer, never fails.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
JoshPettus

Post by JoshPettus »

Any OS installation has the option to wipe the drive and start fresh with the new (or in this case, old) OS. Hence David's link to the OS install cd
tttony

Post by tttony »

Terry McCracken

Terry McCracken wrote:How can you completely remove Win 10 from your hard drive? A complete low level format? Are there tools out there that can do it? I want to restore Win 7.

Thanks
Maybe the question is too hard?

I've tried everything and I cannot format C:, it would not and will not let me!

I cannot use my backup drive, I cannot do a low level format, Windows Ten is the Biggest Piece of Malware on the Internet!

Who knows how to crack 10 so I can remove it completely, use my backup CD's, then my entire HDD backup?
Terry McCracken
Murat

Post by Murat »

Windows 10 creates 2 extra partitions on a hard drive for recovery. These can not be deleted or formatted by normal methods. First mount the hard drive in another computer as an extra drive then use the procedure below.

Warning: DO NOT delete the wrong drive or partition.

1. Open a command prompt as administrator.
2. Run Diskpart application by typing Diskpart in the command prompt.
3. In the “Diskpart” prompt, enter rescan command and press Enter key to re-scan all partitions, volumes and drives available.
4. Then type in list disk and press Enter key to show all hard disk drive available.
5. Select the disk that contains the partition you want to remove. Normally, with just 1 hard disk, it will be disk 0. So the command will be:

Select disk 0

Finish by Enter key.

6. Type list partition and press Enter key to show all available and created partition in the disk selected.
7. Select the partition that wanted to be deleted by using the following command, followed by Enter key:

Select partition x

Where x is the number of the recovery partition to be removed and unlocked its space. Be careful with the number of this partition, as wrong number may get data wipes off.

8. Finally, type in delete partition override and press Enter key.
bob

Post by bob »

Murat wrote:Windows 10 creates 2 extra partitions on a hard drive for recovery. These can not be deleted or formatted by normal methods. First mount the hard drive in another computer as an extra drive then use the procedure below.

Warning: DO NOT delete the wrong drive or partition.

1. Open a command prompt as administrator.
2. Run Diskpart application by typing Diskpart in the command prompt.
3. In the “Diskpart” prompt, enter rescan command and press Enter key to re-scan all partitions, volumes and drives available.
4. Then type in list disk and press Enter key to show all hard disk drive available.
5. Select the disk that contains the partition you want to remove. Normally, with just 1 hard disk, it will be disk 0. So the command will be:

Select disk 0

Finish by Enter key.

6. Type list partition and press Enter key to show all available and created partition in the disk selected.
7. Select the partition that wanted to be deleted by using the following command, followed by Enter key:

Select partition x

Where x is the number of the recovery partition to be removed and unlocked its space. Be careful with the number of this partition, as wrong number may get data wipes off.

8. Finally, type in delete partition override and press Enter key.
This one is foolproof:

find a linux distro DVD. Boot same. Use "manual disk setup" and delete all partitions. Then take your windows 7 DVD and install, there is nothing preventing you from a clean re-install after the partition table is wiped...