5th Engine Masters Tournament, 26th October, InfinityChess

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Steamhammer

5th Engine Masters Tournament, 26th October, InfinityChess

Post by Steamhammer »

5th Engine Masters Tournament
This is the fifth monthly Engine Masters Tournament for regular players on InfinityChess.
Please note the following changes...
- 26th October (16:00 server time):
- Time control 12m + 1s (new!)
- 15 rounds Swiss System (new!)
- Engine evaluations have to be displayed by all players (new!)
- Latecomers (after registration closed) will not be accepted (new!)
- Players who withdraw from the tournament, will be banned for future events (new!)
- Play mode: engine only
- Free choice of engine and book
- Engine name has to be displayed correctly (no fake names)
- 1st prize $ 500
- 2nd prize $ 200
- No start fee
Registration Oct 14th –Oct 25th. Go to "File >tournaments >forthcoming tournament" inside the server playing area.
Registration requires a minimum of 50 engine tournament games played on InfinityChess during the last two months before tournament start. Don't miss our daily engine tours, mostly blitz, but also rapid tournaments. Learn more about InfinityChess and achieve the required number of tournament games.
For Rules and instructions (FAQ) same as for reports on previous tournaments look up www.infinitychess.com .
Krzysztof Grzelak

Re: 5th Engine Masters Tournament, 26th October, InfinityChe

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak »

Is an interesting time this tournament.
CRoberson

Re: 5th Engine Masters Tournament, 26th October, InfinityChe

Post by CRoberson »

I looked over the web pages and didn't see how the winner gets paid. Is in server money? I saw that server money can be converted to Euro or USD, but didn't see how. How do you do it?

My son and I signed on to the server. Both of us want to enter the tournament. He built his own computer which is faster than mine and now he thought entering a computer chess tournament and beating me would be neat. Is that an issue? He is 17 years 6 months and 2 weeks old. Is that an issue?

I didn't see anything in the rules that would keep him or the both of us from entering. I am not new to computer chess. Also, I entered all but one of the PAL Freestyle events.