Equinox 3.20 (free to all)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Equinox 3.20 (free to all)

Post by Graham Banks »

Thanks to the Equinox author (Giancarlo Delli Colli) for giving me permission to make his engine freely available to all. :)

http://kirill-kryukov.com/chess/discuss ... p?id=32973
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Krzysztof Grzelak

Re: Equinox 3.20 (free to all)

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak »

We would like to thank the author of engine Giancarlo Delli Coll. Thank you also Graham.

From respect
Krzysztof.
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Re: The next without readme (? for all)

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

The next unprofessional download for the community ...

To Krzysztof ...
Equinox have two authors and the name your say thanks isn't right too. But that is result if such an unprofessional download file is available.

Graham stop that!

Send the downloads to WIKI and all will be more professional! Or do you have interest to answers years of questions if no readme files is available?

I am sure you never visit WIKI page:
Here a tip for yourself:
http://computer-chess.org/doku.php?id=c ... ngine_list

Without any good information to a release no testing from my site. But I am sure clone fans will like such unprofessional publications!

http://chessprogramming.wikispaces.com/Equinox

More information:
I am testing Equinox for SWCR2 and before in SWCR1. Engine are private available a long time. I stop testing after I read that Equinox is the next IPP based engine. Made no sense to have a list full of ipp based engines because all have the same basics and in this case testing is very boring.

I am interesting to read the opinion by others, ipp clone or not. If I am looking in the development of Equinox (tested a lot of versions in the past) playing strength go up with each new Version). Have a look in SWCR1 / SWCR2 databases.

Can be a bit compare with Critter ...
Long time development with own ideas but suddenly engine is very strong and all looks more and more to IPP style.

Not sure with Equinox, very friendly programmer (switched some mails with him) ... but again ... TOP-20 with 20 Ipps / Stockfishes made no sense for me, to boring if I am looking in my stats and to the style.

Best
Frank
Krzysztof Grzelak

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak »

Frank Quisinsky wrote:The next unprofessional download for the community ...

To Krzysztof ...
Equinox have two authors and the name your say thanks isn't right too. But that is result if such an unprofessional download file is available.

Graham stop that!

Send the downloads to WIKI and all will be more professional! Or do you have interest to answers years of questions if no readme files is available?

I am sure you never visit WIKI page:
Here a tip for yourself:
http://computer-chess.org/doku.php?id=c ... ngine_list

Without any good information to a release no testing from my site. But I am sure clone fans will like such unprofessional publications!
Yes you are right.We sincerely apologize and send my thanks to the authors of the engine Giancarlo Delli Colli, Stefano Rocchi, Roberto Cartella and Eleuterio Dato and the Graham. As for cloning the engine is unfortunately not know much about programming, and never any engine not cloning . Please do not suspect me of it Frank.

From respect
Krzysztof.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

With all due respect Frank, yourself and Sedat seem to have come back into the community purporting to be the experts on everything to do with computer chess.
I regard you both as computer chess friends, but this does get tiresome.

My intentions have been nothing but genuine, in helping provide those interested with engines that were previously kept private.

Regards,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
reflectionofpower

Post by reflectionofpower »

Graham Banks wrote:With all due respect Frank, yourself and Sedat seem to have come back into the community purporting to be the experts on everything to do with computer chess.

My intentions have been nothing but genuine, in helping provide those interested with engines that were previously kept private.

Regards,
Graham.
I appreciate your head ups, thanks to the programmer
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi Graham,

all is fine but why you send the programs not to Computer wiki. Small site (like what the guys do with Senpai, Nemo) and it's better as to search later on speedy share or other not known download selection for engines!

If you will help ... do it ... you do it all the years, thanks for it.

This one should be a great order for you ...
Lissen ...

Try to make Jonny available for all.
That is really a great and own engine!

Or try that the programmer of TheBaron will give us his engine for testing. The Sjeng programmer GianCarlo must be motivated. Nightmare ... could be interesting.

But Naum?
Development stop, status is unclear, webapge no longer available, no readme, nothing! Nice to have it ... yes ... but you can be sure that you will find from time to time again and again questions to this Naum / Equinox downloads or other questions around Naum / Equinox.

Equinox, status is unclear ... I wish me Equinox isn't an IPP but my stats to the latest 2.8 or 2.9 version I tested are very similar to IPP.

The programmer of Equinox wrote me last year that Equinox will soon available on an one page. And now ... nothing, no readme, no further information, nothing.

Why the programmers of Naum and Equinox do such things?
Can't understand it.

Best
Frank

I made more as 30 programs available. Asked programmer again and again, in Leiden, per mail for my older webpage (later WBEC Ridderkerk). But never I released and engine without any more information. I know what will be the result. Today we have a great page for such downloads and each good engine, programmers don't have an own Webpage should be available on this site.
GDC

Re: Equinox 3.20 (free to all)

Post by GDC »

Thanks Graham,

We want to reassure Frank :)
Equinox has only me as author because Stefano Rocchi (who is my best friend) left the project because they are too busy with other activities.

Stefano Rocchi
Giancarlo Delli Colli
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

Graham Banks wrote: My intentions have been nothing but genuine, in helping provide those interested with engines that were previously kept private.

Regards,
Graham.
Graham has been doing this quite well. I believe that photographs and threats of exposure are involved :wink:
Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

Graham Banks wrote:With all due respect Frank, yourself and Sedat seem to have come back into the community purporting to be the experts on everything to do with computer chess.

Regards,
Graham.
Hello dear Graham,

Many thanks to Giancarlo Delli Colli and to you too!

BTW,
Let this day be full of joy and celebration!
I wish you an outstanding and fabulous birthday my chess friend!!

Greetings
Sedat
Last edited by Sedat Canbaz on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.