Elektro - U.C.I.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Carotino

Elektro - U.C.I.

Post by Carotino »

Another Ippo-derivate??? Ooooh, have mercy!!

Ok, seriously.

First: this is only a programming exercise, done for mere personal entertainment.
Second: Igorrit, in my opinion, it was a more interesting engine than Ivanhoe. I have tried to change and improve this interesting project.

After much work, the engine has been completely overhauled, in almost all its parts. I can now say, with security, that Elektro is not the usual Ippolit-clone, but is now an (almost) independent engine.

My dream: to be able to get closer to strength of the three current leaders (StockFisch, Komodo, Houdini).
Unfortunately, the engine it is still not as strong as I expected. There is still much work to do!

Download: http://elektrochessengine.blogspot.it/p ... -page.html

Blog: http://elektrochessengine.blogspot.it/

Note: You do not recognize me, I have adopted the improbable name of Dr. Otto Schmidt! 8-)
Roberto
Kyodai

Re: Elektro - U.C.I.

Post by Kyodai »

Thanks Roberto! Is it possible to mention some elo-comparision
vs Igorrit? Right now I mean - like +20 elos or what?
reflectionofpower

Post by reflectionofpower »

Kyodai wrote:Thanks Roberto! Is it possible to mention some elo-comparision
vs Igorrit? Right now I mean - like +20 elos or what?
I was wondering that 2
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

Carotino wrote:Another Ippo-derivate??? Ooooh, have mercy!!

Ok, seriously.

First: this is only a programming exercise, done for mere personal entertainment.
Second: Igorrit, in my opinion, it was a more interesting engine than Ivanhoe. I have tried to change and improve this interesting project.

After much work, the engine has been completely overhauled, in almost all its parts. I can now say, with security, that Elektro is not the usual Ippolit-clone, but is now an (almost) independent engine.

My dream: to be able to get closer to strength of the three current leaders (StockFisch, Komodo, Houdini).
Unfortunately, the engine it is still not as strong as I expected. There is still much work to do!
Thanks Roberto!

Regardless of origins, a worthwhile goal would be to provide an engine that plays like no other. Having a very strong engine that plays like Rhetoric or Fizbo, for example, would be very exciting, even if it's not the strongest all around. I think you tried that once with Vitruvius, so you can build on that experience.

Best wishes,
CL
fern

Post by fern »

Another guy disdaining to write for 32 bits comps.
Sight....
I will send you the old cheka to put things in his place
Fern
reflectionofpower

What is TitanicMode mode in the Electro parameters?
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
fern

Post by fern »

How could I know? I did not download it as much my gear is 32 bits.

Fern
reflectionofpower

I see now. If TitanicMode is not checked then TitanicCPUsSizings (Threads) is not utilized as such.

Lonnie
Kyodai

Post by Kyodai »

reflectionofpower wrote:I see now. If TitanicMode is not checked then TitanicCPUsSizings (Threads) is not utilized as such.
That's correct. These are also to be found in f.e. Ivanhoe.
reflectionofpower

Kyodai wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote:I see now. If TitanicMode is not checked then TitanicCPUsSizings (Threads) is not utilized as such.
That's correct. These are also to be found in f.e. Ivanhoe.
I recalled seeing in Ivanhoe and it was and I had it checked so ... Now one thing does not make sense to me. Why not just have Threads and that's that? Obviously if you're increasing the TitanicCPUsSizings it stands to reason you would check the TitanicMode. I think someone smoked some weed while watching the movie,"Titanic" with Leonardo DiCaprio & Kate Winslet and got carried away. :lol:

Lonnie