2nd InfinityChess Engine Masters on 27th July

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Steamhammer

2nd InfinityChess Engine Masters on 27th July

Post by Steamhammer »

The 1st Engine Masters was held by InfinityChess on 29th June. Marco Zerbinati ("Amos") from Italy won the 1st money prize of $ 500 USD ahead of the tied Dutch Gerrit Hoogeveen ("Victorious"), who won $ 200 USD.

See my detailed report on this rapid tour (scores in progress, infos on hard- and software, annotated game):
Amos and Victorious win the 1st Engine Masters
The high draw rate of 79 % indicates the high and balanced level of play! Most of the participants welcomed the almost perfect organisation before and during the tournament.

The 2nd Engine Masters is scheduled for the 27th July (14:00 CEST / 16:00 server time) with almost the same conditions:
Announcement of the 2nd Engine Masters

As this tournament series is intended for those players, who regularly play on InfinityChess, registration requires a minimum of 50 tournament games in the last 2 months before tour start. This is however not a big deal, as there are blitz and rapid tournaments on the server every day.

See also:
- Tournament Rules
- FAQ

Kibitzers are welcome!
Steamhammer

Re: 2nd InfinityChess Engine Masters on 27th July

Post by Steamhammer »

Last call for latecomers!
We expect again 20-30 players to compete for the dollar prizes.
1st $ 500, 2nd $ 200.
Steamhammer

Post by Steamhammer »

Zorchamp and Akhtar win the 2nd Engine Masters

By Arno Nickel and Christopher Lutz
The big question of the 2nd Engine Masters on 27th July was, whether one of the winners of the 1st tournament, Amos (Marco Zerbinati / Italy) and Victorious (Gerrit Hoogeveen / Netherlands), could repeat his success, and indeed after the 2nd round Amos was in front again... Read more...
elcabesa

Post by elcabesa »

hi, I don't understand. Players can play your tournament with the engine and hardware they want?
Steamhammer

Post by Steamhammer »

Yes, why not? The sponsor likes to attract strong computer chess players to regularly playing on the InfinityChess server. It's neither a contest by developers nor an official championship. But I admit, it might be a good idea to have other tournaments too.
laoliveirajr

Post by laoliveirajr »

And I even thought about that sign up for the tournament, using a derivative of a strong engine, but built with some ideas Capivara style.

Too bad I do not have a machine strong enough to win the tournament ... I need to raise funds to buy motherboards for a new cluster ... With the award of each tournament would be enough for two motherboards (the tax on imports is very high in Brazil)

Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

Steamhammer wrote:The 1st Engine Masters was held by InfinityChess on 29th June. Marco Zerbinati ("Amos") from Italy won the 1st money prize of $ 500 USD ahead of the tied Dutch Gerrit Hoogeveen ("Victorious"), who won $ 200 USD.

See my detailed report on this rapid tour (scores in progress, infos on hard- and software, annotated game):
Amos and Victorious win the 1st Engine Masters
The high draw rate of 79 % indicates the high and balanced level of play! Most of the participants welcomed the almost perfect organisation before and during the tournament.

The 2nd Engine Masters is scheduled for the 27th July (14:00 CEST / 16:00 server time) with almost the same conditions:
Announcement of the 2nd Engine Masters

As this tournament series is intended for those players, who regularly play on InfinityChess, registration requires a minimum of 50 tournament games in the last 2 months before tour start. This is however not a big deal, as there are blitz and rapid tournaments on the server every day.

See also:
- Tournament Rules
- FAQ

Kibitzers are welcome!

Dear Arno,

Thanks for your efforts...

InfinityChess server seems to be another good place for running exiting tournaments!

And I'd like to congratulate Marco Zerbinati, who is regular participant in SCCT too

Btw, I never played at InfinityChess server, that's why I wonder,
Does InfinityChess server require a serial number like Playchess, or is it a free server ?

Who knows...maybe InfinityChess server can be another alternative choice for running serious competitions (similar as WCCC)

Best,
Sedat
Cumnor
Full name: Kevin D Plant

Post by Cumnor »

The membership is free and so is the software :D

Also we do daily free to enter Fini (IC currency) Engine tours alternating each day with Blitz 4+2 and Rapid 15+1 at 16:00 server time (Abu Dhabi time)

And also if someone is available later on that day there maybe another tour as our regular TD at that time is off ill.
Moderator of Rybka forum (Site no longer active)
Admin of Infinitychess playing server and Forum (Site suspended, maybe be back in the Future)