Stockfish Status Report

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

zullil
Full name: Louis Zulli

Stockfish Status Report

Post by zullil »

Following Marco's departure, it seems that Stockfish is now maintained by a team consisting of Lucas Braesch, Joona Kiiski and Gary Linscott.

The Stockfish repository is now at https://github.com/official-stockfish/Stockfish

Binaries of development versions are available at http://abrok.eu/stockfish/

My apology if this has been posted here already. I haven't seen such a post.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Stockfish Status Report

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Thanks for the good news Louis :D
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
ouachita
Full name: Bobby Johnson

Post by ouachita »

Nor have I. Thanks.
zullil wrote:I haven't seen such a post.
SIM, PhD, MBA, PE
Henk

Post by Henk »

Domino Day ended in 2009 because of lack of money.
mar
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Post by mar »

Henk wrote:Domino Day ended in 2009 because of lack of money.
Well, if you have nothing to say, it's usually better to... ;)
Henk

Post by Henk »

mar wrote:
Henk wrote:Domino Day ended in 2009 because of lack of money.
Well, if you have nothing to say, it's usually better to... ;)
Both Stockfish and Domino Day are about breaking a record by many non professional volunteers.
gerold

Post by gerold »

zullil wrote:Following Marco's departure, it seems that Stockfish is now maintained by a team consisting of Lucas Braesch, Joona Kiiski and Gary Linscott.

The Stockfish repository is now at https://github.com/official-stockfish/Stockfish

Binaries of development versions are available at http://abrok.eu/stockfish/

My apology if this has been posted here already. I haven't seen such a post.
Will SF be fixed to use any book in Arena. As it is now SF is running without a book in my matches and it is still 40 elo behind the Houdini who is still number one in my matches.

Best,
Gerold.
lucasart
Full name: lucasart

Post by lucasart »

Gerold, what "fix" are you talking about? There's no bug to fix.

The book must be managed by the GUI. If you don't know how to use your GUI, or use a deficient GUI, it's YOUR problem or the problem of the GUI developer, but has nothing to do with SF
Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.
gerold

Post by gerold »

lucasart wrote:Gerold, what "fix" are you talking about? There's no bug to fix.

The book must be managed by the GUI. If you don't know how to use your GUI, or use a deficient GUI, it's YOUR problem or the problem of the GUI developer, but has nothing to do with SF
I use Arena all other engines use H.S. books and other books . SF is the only one out of 100's of engines i use that does not use books that i choose while runing Arena. So SF will continue to be second. It is no problem for me but is for SF ratings. Others have spoke of this also. Not to take anything away from SF. i like the engine but it is still number 2nd in my book.
lucasart
Full name: lucasart

Post by lucasart »

[quote="gerold"]
I use Arena all other engines use H.S. books and other books . SF is the only one out of 100's of engines i use that does not use books that i choose while runing Arena. So SF will continue to be second. It is no problem for me but is for SF ratings. Others have spoke of this also. Not to take anything away from SF. i like the engine but it is still number 2nd in my book.[/quote]
Then you don't know how to use Arena. SF doesn't know or care about books. Arena should be setup to read the book and play the moves for SF. You need to setup an Arena mainbook and in SF config click "use arena mainbook with this engine" or sth like that. What you describe is not possible, it would mean sf cannot parse the moves UCI command, hence cannot play at all.