PulsarChess for iOS

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

adams161
Full name: Mike Adams

PulsarChess for iOS

Post by adams161 »

Some of you may know me as the developer of the Pulsar chess program that plays chess and variants of chess or wild chess. I have ported Pulsar to iPhone/iPad(Universal app) that is a chess playing program for chess and five variants of chess: crazyhouse, atomic, loser's, giveaway, and three checks.

For my 17th birthday i got fidelity excellence rated 2000 USCF it said on the box. This was a chess board computer with real pieces. What i don't typically say was the first night i got it i could not beat it(and i was playing on its default level , 6, with 15 seconds per move). I went to bed depressed that night but the next morning started at level 1 and did beat it.

Well PulsarChess i wanted to be like my first playing program. There is a new game chooser on the game menu ( lower left) in app, and you can pick from it's variants (comes with chess, atomic , loser's and crazyhouse with no restrictions. Three Checks, and giveaway are part of the wild bundle 1 in app purchase). You can also pick difficulty levels in chess and all variants from easy to hard. No adds, no restrictions in any way on use of free variants. There is a 2 player mode as well with engine off that enables the user to play a friend while pulsar enforces the rules and results. App look and feel is customizable in settings and the rules of the games it plays are there if the user hits the rules button.

If you have an iPad or iPhone/iPod and want to finally play some wild chess like crazyhouse against a computer on the mobile device, try it out. App name is: PulsarChess and the US app store link(i believe this will still work for others) is https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pulsarc ... ?ls=1&mt=8

Mike
chessmobile

Re: PulsarChess for iOS

Post by chessmobile »

Just had a brief look at the app on the iTunes site, quite neat to have a crazyhouse variant as I have not noticed any other app offering that.
chessmobile

Post by chessmobile »

Downloaded it and played around with the Crazyhouse variant and noticed that it allows you you drop piece on to squares occupied by your own men. Not a big deal as I have not seen the CPU opponent do that.
adams161
Full name: Mike Adams

Post by adams161 »

woops :) that would be related to move legality but the cpu opponent legality would not depend on this. I basically didn't touch the actual engine code other than interface with it. Pulsar knows the rules whether i enforce legality or not.

Mike