For the record:
Well, leaving aside unauthorised(?) publication of PMs, there's a pretty serious mismatch between the implications of that message and your statements in this thread. Can you explain please?
1. Yes, I do think this type of tournament is useless, and will wind up being a hardware/book battle that several users here complain about in the WCCC thread. I have PM'd several people these _exact_ sentiments. Many will confirm.
2. I'm willing to run the event because there is interest in it. There is also the possibility of some exciting chess, which I have stated more times than I have been married, that I prefer. So this interests me.
3. There seems to be enormous excitement over the announcement of the "idea". So I created and am willing to spend my free weekend running it. (I don't get many these days)
4. After sleeping on it (Yesterday was a seriously long day), this tournament does seem like a good idea. Why not allow everything and anything into an event to see which combo will be the strongest? It's different, that's for sure.
5. As shown by my friend Harvey, I do think the WCCC/CCT rules could be tweaked. I admit that. I am not an ICGA member.
Ask and I will answer. I have _zero_ to hide by running this event.
I got kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bible's to the fiction section.