Release: Nemo 1.0 Beta

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Desperado

Release: Nemo 1.0 Beta

Post by Desperado »

I am very happy to announce my first chess engine Release.

Nemo_V_1_0_beta package

is ready for download from Jim Abletts website.

http://jim-ablett.co.de/

!! Many thanks to Sven Schüle supporting the Nemo Project !! and for being Part of the Nemo-Team

* Also thanks to the team of chessprogamming wiki for the excellent information provided.

* Thx to the CCC members, who always provide some interesting discussions and topics in
the programming section. I am learning a lot from you, at this place.

* Thx to all other people, who supported me in one or the other way while developing Nemo.(Thx HGM).

* Thank you Jim Ablett for hosting Nemo!

Enjoy !
Jim Ablett
Full name: Jim Ablett

Re: Release: Nemo 1.0 Beta

Post by Jim Ablett »

Better to use main site no ad popups > http://jimablett.net63.net/

Jim.
geots

Post by geots »

Jim Ablett wrote:Better to use main site no ad popups > http://jimablett.net63.net/

Jim.

Thanks Michael, and thanks Jim. Just got it. Hey Jim, when his next release comes out, I bet you can read my mind! (ie 1 is never enough!)

Best regards,

george
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: Would be nice !

Post by Sylwy »

Thank you a lot !

Would be nice to know in which programming language Nemo is !

Thank you again !
SilvianR :wink:
gerold

Post by gerold »

Thanks Michael for the new program.
Thanks Jim.

Best,
Gerold.

P.S. Nemo beta vs. Spike 1.2 5/3 TC. 2 draw games so far.
geots

Re: Release: Nemo 1.0 Beta-PROBLEM!!

Post by geots »

Desperado wrote:I am very happy to announce my first chess engine Release.

Nemo_V_1_0_beta package

!! Many thanks to Sven Schüle supporting the Nemo Project !! and for being Part of the Nemo-Team

* Also thanks to the team of chessprogamming wiki for the excellent information provided.

* Thx to the CCC members, who always provide some interesting discussions and topics in

* Thx to all other people, who supported me in one or the other way while developing Nemo.(Thx HGM).

Enjoy !

Hi, Michael. I may be wrong- but I have what looks like an issue. In Fritz 11 gui, 32bit normal version, after I load the engine it is set on 128MB hash. I opened task mgr. to double check, and I saw the little green square lit up in the taskbar. I thought- uh-oh. It only shows for me when there is a memory allocation problem. And I see when it is loaded but it is sitting there, no game running, it is using 99 memory, as it would if it were thinking. And the green square means it is trying to grab ALL the memory on my computer. I am afraid if i try and run it, it will try to use so much I won't get more than 15 or so kns- as happened with Alfil12 when it was trying to use 2 processors when there was only one. Maybe you could check this out.

Thanks,

george

I did not try the other exe, because normal should work best for me, but I guess I could try.....................
Desperado

Re: Would be nice !

Post by Desperado »

Sylwy wrote:Thank you a lot !

Would be nice to know in which programming language Nemo is !

Thank you again !
SilvianR :wink:
Hi Silvian, written in C in C++ environment. So there are slipping
in some basic C++ features from time to time.
Desperado

Post by Desperado »

geots wrote:

Nemo_V_1_0_beta package

Enjoy !

Hi, Michael. I may be wrong- but I have what looks like an issue. In Fritz 11 gui, 32bit normal version, after I load the engine it is set on 128MB hash. I opened task mgr. to double check, and I saw the little green square lit up in the taskbar. I thought- uh-oh. It only shows for me when there is a memory allocation problem. And I see when it is loaded but it is sitting there, no game running, it is using 99 memory, as it would if it were thinking. And the green square means it is trying to grab ALL the memory on my computer. I am afraid if i try and run it, it will try to use so much I won't get more than 15 or so kns- as happened with Alfil12 when it was trying to use 2 processors when there was only one. Maybe you could check this out.

Thanks,

george

I did not try the other exe, because normal should work best for me, but I guess I could try.....................
Hello George, i am already hunting the problem. Unfortunatelly, i cannot
reproduce a problem at the moment, but i will try it hard. Maybe there will be some reports with the same or similar thing. Any problems with
the other versions ? What is your OS ?

In general there shouldnt be a problem up to 2GB memory.

Michael
geots

Post by geots »

Desperado wrote:
geots wrote:

Nemo_V_1_0_beta package

Enjoy !

Thanks,

george

Hello George, i am already hunting the problem. Unfortunatelly, i cannot
reproduce a problem at the moment, but i will try it hard. Maybe there will be some reports with the same or similar thing. Any problems with
the other versions ? What is your OS ?

In general there shouldnt be a problem up to 2GB memory.

Michael

I have on its way a new dual 64bit. But this computer I am using now has 2.50 GB ram, 2.99GHz processor. I am running a chessbase gui- Fritz 11 gui which is all I ever use. It is a dell home unit.

This might help. When I run an engine match, every thing is fine for a few moves out of the opening. Then it uses 95 to 99 memory. But it starts taking the memory away from its opponent when the opponent is thinking.. It gets 50% of the memory that its opponent should get- so that engine can only use half the memory it should have.

Look, don't get discouraged. This happens to EVERYONE, tho it may be a different bug. I am going to get some sleep- up all night. Will check on you when I wake up this evening. But before I do, I am going to try the other 32bit exe- tho normal always worked. If I don't post back in the next 20 min., that means NEITHER will load.

Best, and really excited about testing your engine-

george
mar
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Post by mar »

Thanks Michael. The engine looks very good and feels smooth.
I have played only one game so far but it looks promising. Thank you and good luck!

Martin