Chess for Android v3.1

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

abik
Full name: Aart Bik

Chess for Android v3.1

Post by abik »

I just released version 3.1 of Chess for Android, available at the Android Market or as direct download.

New features include:
  • engine pondering (UCI and XBoard)
  • fixed coach bug with move from/to a1
  • added application/x-chess-pgn MIME support
MM

Re: Chess for Android v3.1

Post by MM »

abik wrote:I just released version 3.1 of Chess for Android, available at the Android Market or as direct download.

New features include:
  • engine pondering (UCI and XBoard)
  • fixed coach bug with move from/to a1
  • added application/x-chess-pgn MIME support
Hi, thank you. I already have it. How do i update it?

Thank you in advance

Best Regards
MM
abik

Post by abik »

MM wrote:Hi, thank you. I already have it. How do i update it?
If you installed it from the Android market, select "my apps", find Chess for Android, and select "update". Otherwise, just download the apk from my website, and install it directly.
MM

Post by MM »

abik wrote:
MM wrote:Hi, thank you. I already have it. How do i update it?
If you installed it from the Android market, select "my apps", find Chess for Android, and select "update". Otherwise, just download the apk from my website, and install it directly.
Sorry, i can't find the option ''update''. Is it in the app? Or is it outside?
MM
abik

Post by abik »

MM wrote:Sorry, i can't find the option ''update''. Is it in the app? Or is it outside?
You have to start the Android Market application (not Chess for Android) to update. So from the main screen, click the "Market" icon, the press the MENU button and select "My Apps". This will open a list of applications you have installed from the Android Market. In this list, find Chess for Android, click on it (there will be an indicator that an update is available). Then select "Update".
MM

Post by MM »

abik wrote:
MM wrote:Sorry, i can't find the option ''update''. Is it in the app? Or is it outside?
You have to start the Android Market application (not Chess for Android) to update. So from the main screen, click the "Market" icon, the press the MENU button and select "My Apps". This will open a list of applications you have installed from the Android Market. In this list, find Chess for Android, click on it (there will be an indicator that an update is available). Then select "Update".
Thank you, i downloaded it entirely again because i didn't see any indicator that un update was availabe. I just had an indicator that said ''installed''.

Best Regards
MM
abik

Post by abik »

MM wrote:Thank you, i downloaded it entirely again because i didn't see any indicator that un update was availabe. I just had an indicator that said ''installed''.
In that case, make sure you really installed version 3.1 (and not an earlier version). To verify, settings -> applications -> browse to Chess for Android, click and see what is listed as version. This should read 3.1.0.
MM

Post by MM »

abik wrote:
MM wrote:Thank you, i downloaded it entirely again because i didn't see any indicator that un update was availabe. I just had an indicator that said ''installed''.
In that case, make sure you really installed version 3.1 (and not an earlier version). To verify, settings -> applications -> browse to Chess for Android, click and see what is listed as version. This should read 3.1.0.
Thank you,

i checked, 3.1.0.

Best Regards
MM
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

heureka !! it works.

many thanks aart.

the engines now sometimes move instantly because they expected the move in ponder, or they are much deeper in search depth.

i guess this puts the testing onto a new level !
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

Thank you very much, Aart!