New app for Android: chessbase

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ponti

New app for Android: chessbase

Post by Ponti »

Reviews, please?

Is it the same as CB for iPad/iPhone?
A. Ponti
AMD Ryzen 1800x, Windows 10.
FIDE current ratings: standard 1913, rapid 1931
tomgdrums

Re: New app for Android: chessbase

Post by tomgdrums »

Ponti wrote:Reviews, please?

Is it the same as CB for iPad/iPhone?
I just purchased it and so far am very impressed!!

I just have a Droid Incredible phone..no fancy souped tablet or anything but I am really really liking the chessbase app so far.

It comes with a legendary games (many seem actually annotated with prose!) download and you have easy access by opening, player names etc. to the online database. And can send games and open games etc.

Now I don't need chessbase on my computer!

And it has an opening explorer etc. etc.

This is going to make a lot of study and research easier I believe.
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

From the description it seems to be identical to the iphone app.I have not had experience with either to be able to confirm any difference.I own a HTC Sensation am am semi interested in getting it but would like to know if you can play thru the games with analysis out put.And is it possible to save the games to the device to look at another time.
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

Cubeman wrote:From the description it seems to be identical to the iphone app.I have not had experience with either to be able to confirm any difference.I own a HTC Sensation am am semi interested in getting it but would like to know if you can play thru the games with analysis out put.And is it possible to save the games to the device to look at another time.

I think you can save a game...the program automatically saves the last so many games you have looked at.

The annotated games pgn that comes with it is awesome! (I LOVE reading through annotated games and now I don't need to take a board and book with me while on vacation--so that alone was worth the 5 dollars to me. :D )

There is no way to analyze with an engine while going through a game. I to would love them to port an engine to Android! (Fritz, Hiarcs...??)

Overall I am happy with the app. If you are looking for analysis features on your Android device, it might not be the app for you at this point in time.