IPhone 4S for chess....

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

IPhone 4S for chess....

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

If you can grab it from the boy,it will be a good chess entity....

:wink:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
S.Taylor

Re: IPhone 4S for chess....

Post by S.Taylor »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:Image

Does it seem that iphone 5 will be well better, when it comes out?

Or, does it seem that iphone 4s is all what iphone 4 was meant to be, and is now stable and without weaknesses, and will stay valuable for another 3 years, whilst iphone 5 might be over active and not stable until 5s might come out? (in which case, i'd get iphone 4s now, and keep it till iphone 6 or 6s comes out).
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

S.Taylor wrote:

Does it seem that iphone 5 with well better, when it comes out?
Definitely it will be Shimon....it's a strategic mistake to rush and buy iPhone 4S IMHO....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Steve Maughan

Post by Steve Maughan »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:Definitely it will be Shimon....it's a strategic mistake to rush and buy iPhone 4S IMHO....
I hope not - I have one on order. As far as I can tell if they had called the 4S the iPhone 5 everyone would have been happy. The extra processing power and the improved camera area a massive improvement. Siri seems interesting; almost too good to be true - let's see.

As far as chess is concerned the extra processing power will mean the iPhone 4s will play a mean game.

Steve
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

Try the Google Nexus Prime

"the phone will pack one of Samsung's own chipsets, a 1.5 GHz dual-core affair that will work alongside the same dual-core PowerVR SGX543MP2 GPU that's found in the iPad 2. Instead of the 5-megapixel camera BGR's source promised, GSM Arena's guy is saying the phone will have an 8-megapixel camera in the back. What's more, the source says that the phone will actually boast a 2050mAh battery. Yowza! Both sources seem to agree on the 4.65-inch, 1280x720 pixels screen."
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
Zagalo

Post by Zagalo »

HTC Sensation XE with 1.5 GHz dual-core processor is available now

http://gsmarena.com/htc_sensation_xe-4164.php
http://gsmarena.com/htc_sensation_xe-review-647.php
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

Well considering that the iPhone4s will have a dual core processor like the ipad 2, then things could be good for chess analysis.The only problem is that the developers of chess apps seem not to be interested in taking advantage of these dual cores :roll: I have requested some popular chess app developers to offer the option of dual-core, but the replies seem to be that "Why would someone want a even stronger chess app? the app already plays at SuperGM level, then goes on to say that it is not easy to implement because it will stuff up the elo calibration for the beginner levels.
Any way the iphone 4s will probaby have the CPU underclocked, the screen is still a tiny 3.5 inch, battery life sucks and is not helped by not being replaceable.The camera improvement does nothing for chess players.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Steve Maughan wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:Definitely it will be Shimon....it's a strategic mistake to rush and buy iPhone 4S IMHO....
I hope not - I have one on order. As far as I can tell if they had called the 4S the iPhone 5 everyone would have been happy. The extra processing power and the improved camera area a massive improvement. Siri seems interesting; almost too good to be true - let's see.

As far as chess is concerned the extra processing power will mean the iPhone 4s will play a mean game.

Steve
Hope it works well for you Steve....

No doubt,it has a lot og goodies but I rather wait for the fifth generation :wink:
Dr.D
Zagalo

Post by Zagalo »

Samsung Galaxy S III specs leak:
1.8 GHz dual core processor
2GBs of RAM
4.6 inch Super AMOLED HD display
12MP camera
Comming 2012
Check it out
georgerifkin

Post by georgerifkin »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
S.Taylor wrote:

Does it seem that iphone 5 with well better, when it comes out?
Definitely it will be Shimon....it's a strategic mistake to rush and buy iPhone 4S IMHO....
Dr.D
I agree
I think that iphone 4s is a bad move from apple but from what I read it seems that already a lot of people is buying it