Rybka to play in Leiden?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Rybka to play in Leiden?

Post by Graham Banks »

gbanksnz at gmail.com
Terry McCracken

Re: Rybka to play in Leiden?

Post by Terry McCracken »

It should never play again. Soon it may be over for Vas.
Terry McCracken
gerold

Post by gerold »

Terry McCracken wrote:
It should never play again. Soon it may be over for Vas.
Unless it goes to court i don't think it is over for Vas.
bob

Post by bob »

Who cares? That is their event, nothing to do with the ICGA. If someone wants to allow non-original programs, and the people organizing and competing don't mind, I don't see any issue at all.
Gerd Isenberg

Post by Gerd Isenberg »

Remarkable they mention programmers who years ago argued pro Rajlich when first concerns and rumors about how much Fruit in Rybka occured, but on the other hand they feel obligated when Ed Schröder changed his mind after the ICGA desicsion within a few weeks.
The group of experts consisted partially of the same persons who, a few years ago, explicitly stated that Rybka was not a clone. It is indeed very remarkable that experts suddenly change their mind.
When finally dutchman Ed Schröder, former world computer chess champion, joined the aforementioned critics of ICGA, we no longer seemed to have a choice.
I will resign my CSVN membership.

Gerd
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

people have the right to change their mind... we are not perfect...
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Gerd Isenberg wrote:Remarkable they mention programmers who years ago argued pro Rajlich when first concerns and rumors about how much Fruit in Rybka occured, but on the other hand they feel obligated when Ed Schröder changed his mind after the ICGA desicsion within a few weeks.
The group of experts consisted partially of the same persons who, a few years ago, explicitly stated that Rybka was not a clone. It is indeed very remarkable that experts suddenly change their mind.
When finally dutchman Ed Schröder, former world computer chess champion, joined the aforementioned critics of ICGA, we no longer seemed to have a choice.
I will resign my CSVN membership.

Gerd
Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
Gerd Isenberg

Post by Gerd Isenberg »

mclane wrote:people have the right to change their mind... we are not perfect...
Sure, if programmers like Tord and me changed their mind over years in an excruciating process, that is in the CSVN view remarkable. If Ed, who signed the open letter, changed his mind within a few weeks pro Rajlich they no longer have a choice, despite all the counter arguments and evidence!?

The CSVN board consists of Hans van der Zijden, who is Rybka team member, and Cock de Gorter, who had/has issues with Harvey Williamson, Hiarcs and Junior teams with Levy involved, concerning playing with a cracked Junior version in an official tournament ...
Hans van der Zijden

Post by Hans van der Zijden »

Hi Gerd,

Sorry to hear you leave the CSVN. One remark: I am not a CSVN boardmember. I am the editor.

Hans van der Zijden.
IWB

Post by IWB »

Hi Gerd

The interesting thing with that decision is what they are doing if Robert Houdart with Hoidini wants to participate? If they want to refuse him, it is not enough to look at his code, they have to check Rybkas as well if the accusation of the Littos being based on R3 has some ground ...(difficult, as R3 code is No longer available and no one knows how much Littos is in R4?)
Actually I would not be surprised to see some Fires, Ivan, Littos want to participate ... of course I expect not just you of refraining to play there!

Regards
Ingo