Komodo 2.01 is out!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Don

Komodo 2.01 is out!

Post by Don »

We have just released the latest version of Komodo.

Get it here: http://komodochess.com

We are breaking with the usual naming convention and this will be called version 2.01 instead of the expected 1.4 - future versions will be 3, 4, etc. Version 2 was a beta release that a few tester received, thus 2.01

Komodo 2.01 has many bugs fixed and is significantly stronger than Komodo 1.3. It contains evaluation improvements and search enhancements in almost every area and some original ideas of our own.

Currently I have the 64 bit versions posted for Linux and Windows, but I will get 32 bit version posted soon as well as a version for Macs.

I am also working on getting some faster binaries compiled with the help of Jim Ablett and Dann Corbit, but due to some compiler issues that will be later. However the supplied binaries are pretty good, just not quite as good as what Jim Ablett has been able to produce.

You can get the latest versions of Komodo here: http://komodochess.com

Much thanks to Dann Corbit and Jim Ablett for having the patience to make binaries (over and over again.) Dann Corbit was also especially helpful in locating some serious memory related bugs in Komodo. Aart Bik was kind enough to build and test versions of Komodo that run on the Android. Thanks also to Clemens Keck who helped me test as well as other testers.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Don and Larry
Adam Hair

Re: Komodo 2.01 is out!

Post by Adam Hair »

Thanks for sharing with us Don :)
NATIONAL12

Post by NATIONAL12 »

on win64-komodo-201-64-sse4.zip.download.i get exception stop ,on both my laptop and 12 core computer after 10 mins or so,it varies.out of interest kN/s are 1156 and 2294 in middlegame position i am looking at.
Don

Post by Don »

NATIONAL12 wrote:on win64-komodo-201-64-sse4.zip.download.i get exception stop ,on both my laptop and 12 core computer after 10 mins or so,it varies.out of interest kN/s are 1156 and 2294 in middlegame position i am looking at.
I don't have a way to test the sse4 support on 64 bit windows, but do you have any problems with the non-sse4 version? I will get some help to find any problems.

Don
Dayffd

Post by Dayffd »

Don wrote:We have just released the latest version of Komodo.

We are breaking with the usual naming convention and this will be called version 2.01 instead of the expected 1.4 - ...(snipped for brevity).

Don and Larry
Will there be a 32 bit release? (Ya ya, I know...I do need to update in a century or so. :) )
David S.
Don

Post by Don »

Dayffd wrote:

We are breaking with the usual naming convention and this will be called version 2.01 instead of the expected 1.4 - ...(snipped for brevity).

Don and Larry
Will there be a 32 bit release? (Ya ya, I know...I do need to update in a century or so. :) )
Yes of course! But it may be a couple of days.

Don
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Dayffd wrote:

Don and Larry
Yes, there will be a 32 bit release.
Those still running 16 bit Windows or 8 bit CP/M are out of luck, though.
NATIONAL12

Post by NATIONAL12 »

Don wrote:
NATIONAL12 wrote:on win64-komodo-201-64-sse4.zip.download.i get exception stop ,on both my laptop and 12 core computer after 10 mins or so,it varies.out of interest kN/s are 1156 and 2294 in middlegame position i am looking at.
I don't have a way to test the sse4 support on 64 bit windows, but do you have any problems with the non-sse4 version? I will get some help to find any problems.

Don
just started testing it.
Dayffd

Post by Dayffd »

Dann Corbit wrote:
Dayffd wrote:

Don and Larry
Yes, there will be a 32 bit release.
Those still running 16 bit Windows or 8 bit CP/M are out of luck, though.
Ok, thanks guys. :) Not sure why I have to give up my good ol' 8 bit stuff though. Next thing you know we will be going to something like 256 bit stuff in another couple of hours or so... :)
David S.
NATIONAL12

Post by NATIONAL12 »

NATIONAL12 wrote:
Don wrote:

Don
just started testing it.
bad news,this crashed as well after 18 mins on my big computer.