A Simple Proposal....

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fern

A Simple Proposal....

Post by fern »

Has not been enough the thousands of posts concerning Rybka, concerning his author, concerning Hipolytt, concerning Ivanhoe, concerning defenders or acusers, concerning clones, concerning insults from one side and the other?
Aren't you tired of these long threads where one guy after another add his own atom of wise considerations and, some times, many times, derogative attacks? Do you still belive that all this will take us to a clear and definire result, to a conclusion? Have not, you guys, learned from life how inuseful these discussions are? Are you disarmed in front of the hormonal pressures to be a part of the fight?
In brief, are you still 12 years old?
Curiously, when steven Blincoe and me engaged, time ago, perhaps a year or two ago, in a thread full of humor, jokes and glad considerations, we were amputated because we were "off topic". Now, as a moderator, I must let this ocean of of irrelevant fights because they are ON topic.
Shame...
So my simple proposal to these champions iof this or that cause is: get lost....

Fern, really pissed off....
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Re: A Simple Proposal....

Post by hgm »

Wel, you can complain in general, but I guess you know as well as I do that there is one specific person whose only reason for presence on this forum is to start such threads. In the most insulting manner to some respected members, I can add. As long as the moderators allow him to start such threads, and are very tardy in removing them because you live in a different time zone, what did you expect?

You are moderator, and you should no the effective way to treat such persons, methinks...
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Post by Eelco de Groot »

I propose a simple automatic script, that should also cover Talkchess from accusations of promoting illegal clones. Every mention of "Rybka" from now on will be automatically replaced by "Fruit 3.X" so Rybka 3 is Fruit 3.3 etc. All mentions of Rybka clones are to be replaced by the designation "Fruit 4.X". Okay if Chessbase is going to sell Houdini 2 they can do so if they put "Original Fruit 5.0 programmed by Fabien 1.4 Houdart and Fabien 1.3 Rajlich" on the CD-rom box. Juri F. Osipov is also one of the Fabien 1.4 clones. I think this will greatly simplify following all the discussions, especially for all the lawyers hired by the different parties, coming here to sort out this Gordian knot of Fruit threads. You as moderators have the means to solve this. How about it?

Regards, Eelco
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first
place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you
are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
-- Brian W. Kernighan
K I Hyams

Post by K I Hyams »

Eelco de Groot wrote:I propose a simple automatic script, that should also cover Talkchess from accusations of promoting illegal clones. Every mention of "Rybka" from now on will be automatically replaced by "Fruit 3.X" so Rybka 3 is Fruit 3.3 etc. All mentions of Rybka clones are to be replaced by the designation "Fruit 4.X". Okay if Chessbase is going to sell Houdini 2 they can do so if they put "Original Fruit 5.0 programmed by Fabien 1.4 Houdart and Fabien 1.3 Rajlich" on the CD-rom box. Juri F. Osipov is also one of the Fabien 1.4 clones. I think this will greatly simplify following all the discussions, especially for all the lawyers hired by the different parties, coming here to sort out this Gordian knot of Fruit threads. You as moderators have the means to solve this. How about it?

Regards, Eelco
Very nice, Eelco.
fern

Post by fern »

Unfortunately one thing are my personal tastes about threads and another is my authotity to erase them. No matter how idiotic I find a thread, if it is legal it must be kept and/or it does not brings complains.

fern
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

fern wrote:Unfortunately one thing are my personal tastes about threads and another is my authotity to erase them. No matter how idiotic I find a thread, if it is legal it must be kept and/or it does not brings complains.

fern
Yes our humorous posts were deleted and tossed aside as junk
expunged and erased
discarded like yesterdays bread
to be fair though..we did go on a bit too much at times
not so much me..but you certainly did
:P

Laughing Stock Regards
Steve
fern

Post by fern »

Besides our little joke this infinite hread about the open letter by fabian which already produces in me an attacks of nerves is a colosal piece of junk or at least it became that.
My God, all people here writting about it as madmen.
Isn't an episode of the TV soap opera regards?
Fern
Tom Barrister

Post by Tom Barrister »

fern wrote:Has not been enough the thousands of posts concerning Rybka, concerning his author, concerning Hipolytt, concerning Ivanhoe, concerning defenders or acusers, concerning clones, concerning insults from one side and the other?
Aren't you tired of these long threads where one guy after another add his own atom of wise considerations and, some times, many times, derogative attacks? Do you still belive that all this will take us to a clear and definire result, to a conclusion? Have not, you guys, learned from life how inuseful these discussions are? Are you disarmed in front of the hormonal pressures to be a part of the fight?

So my simple proposal to these champions iof this or that cause is: get lost....

While it doesn't matter much to me anymore, you should know that everybody isn't going to lay off. I've grown tired of it myself, and I would have been gone long ago if it wasn't for people like Mr. Speight.

You're part of the moderation team. You can forbid talk about the Rybka/Ippolit/Fruit clone situation and punish offenders. Or you can close the forum. Or you can accept the fact that since it's our time to spend as we please, some of us will probably spend it talking about this.
This production is being brought to you by Rybka: "The engine made from scratch.™"
geots

Post by geots »

Tom Barrister wrote:
fern wrote:Has not been enough the thousands of posts concerning Rybka, concerning his author, concerning Hipolytt, concerning Ivanhoe, concerning defenders or acusers, concerning clones, concerning insults from one side and the other?

While it doesn't matter much to me anymore, you should know that everybody isn't going to lay off. I've grown tired of it myself, and I would have been gone long ago if it wasn't for people like Mr. Speight.

You're part of the moderation team. You can forbid talk about the Rybka/Ippolit/Fruit clone situation and punish offenders. Or you can close the forum. Or you can accept the fact that since it's our time to spend as we please, some of us will probably spend it talking about this.
Im asking you to please not mention my name any longer in any of your threads. Thanks
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

fern wrote:Besides our little joke this infinite hread about the open letter by fabian which already produces in me an attacks of nerves is a colosal piece of junk or at least it became that.
My God, all people here writting about it as madmen.
Isn't an episode of the TV soap opera regards?
Fern
your just a bit exhausted from moderating for two consecutive terms..
at least you can take comfort in the fact that although the pay is very low .. there are great retirement benefits for being a moderator
now that i am in retirement i have a great dental plan
Winning Smile Regards
Steve