A New Version Of Aristarch

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

David Schumaker

A New Version Of Aristarch

Post by David Schumaker »

This is actually a question for Graham Banks or any other person who might be able to answer my question. Last year I remember reading on this forum that a new version of Aristarch was going to be released this year. I believe it was Graham Banks who said the Aristarch author was going to rewrite the code and then release a new version of his engine. Well, the year is almost over and still there is no new Aristarch engine. Does anybody here know Stefan Zipproth? Will there be a new version? Aristarch has always been one of my favorite chess engines and I just wanted to know if a new version was still going to be released. Thanks to anybody who can provide some information.

By the way I converted the very large Aristarch book from the Aristarch site to .abk format. I could post it on my web page if any people are interested.

Thanks..............................
Graham Banks

Re: A New Version Of Aristarch

Post by Graham Banks »

Hi David,

I have no further information than what I originally posted, but I'll email Stefan again when I get home from work and see how things stand currently.
A new version of Aristarch would be great!

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Graham Banks wrote:Hi David,

I have no further information than what I originally posted, but I'll email Stefan again when I get home from work and see how things stand currently.

Cheers,
Graham.
We're all waiting on pins and needles.
Aristarch was one of the best back in the day. An upgrade would be thrilling.
gerold

Post by gerold »

David Schumaker wrote:This is actually a question for Graham Banks or any other person who might be able to answer my question. Last year I remember reading on this forum that a new version of Aristarch was going to be released this year. I believe it was Graham Banks who said the Aristarch author was going to rewrite the code and then release a new version of his engine. Well, the year is almost over and still there is no new Aristarch engine. Does anybody here know Stefan Zipproth? Will there be a new version? Aristarch has always been one of my favorite chess engines and I just wanted to know if a new version was still going to be released. Thanks to anybody who can provide some information.

By the way I converted the very large Aristarch book from the Aristarch site to .abk format. I could post it on my web page if any people are interested.

Also one of my favorite programs.
I would appreciate a new version.
I would appreciate the book also David.

Thanks,
Gerold.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Cheers,
Graham.
Email sent. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
David Schumaker

Cheers,
Graham.
Hi Graham. Thank you for responding and for contacting Stefan Zipproth concerning his chess engine. A new version of Aristarch would be awesome.
David Schumaker

gerold wrote:
David Schumaker wrote:This is actually a question for Graham Banks or any other person who might be able to answer my question. Last year I remember reading on this forum that a new version of Aristarch was going to be released this year. I believe it was Graham Banks who said the Aristarch author was going to rewrite the code and then release a new version of his engine. Well, the year is almost over and still there is no new Aristarch engine. Does anybody here know Stefan Zipproth? Will there be a new version? Aristarch has always been one of my favorite chess engines and I just wanted to know if a new version was still going to be released. Thanks to anybody who can provide some information.

Thanks,
Gerold.
Hi Gerold,

Yes I have always enjoyed watching Aristarch play. It's style is very entertaining to watch. You asked for the book so now your gonna get it. I decided to have the book file hosted by GigaSize. If there are any problems with the host please let me know here on this thread and I will try a different host. The book is about 30 MB but I put it in a WinRar zip file and it shrunk to about 5.5 MB after compression. Not bad. The download link is as follows;

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=jn6g56zpm0f

There are many fun and interesting openings in the book due to the style of play by Aristarch. I am sure you will enjoy exploring all of the various book moves. Please remember to adjust the settings through the Arena Book Manager to get the most out of your new book. Have fun with your new toy.
Jimbo I

Post by Jimbo I »

David Schumaker wrote:
gerold wrote:

Thanks,
Gerold.
Hi Gerold,

Yes I have always enjoyed watching Aristarch play. It's style is very entertaining to watch. You asked for the book so now your gonna get it. I decided to have the book file hosted by GigaSize. If there are any problems with the host please let me know here on this thread and I will try a different host. The book is about 30 MB but I put it in a WinRar zip file and it shrunk to about 5.5 MB after compression. Not bad. The download link is as follows;

There are many fun and interesting openings in the book due to the style of play by Aristarch. I am sure you will enjoy exploring all of the various book moves. Please remember to adjust the settings through the Arena Book Manager to get the most out of your new book. Have fun with your new toy.
Hello David. The download doesn't work for me. After I enter the code and continue, some obnoxious full-screen ad pops up, and the download never starts. Maybe it's interfering with the download? (I'm using Firefox.) As far as I'm concerned, GigaSize is GigaCrappy. :lol:
gerold

Post by gerold »

Hi David.
That download did not work for me.

Best,
Gerold.
David Schumaker

Jimbo I wrote:
David Schumaker wrote:
gerold wrote:

Thanks,
Gerold.
Hi Gerold,

Hello David. The download doesn't work for me. After I enter the code and continue, some obnoxious full-screen ad pops up, and the download never starts. Maybe it's interfering with the download? (I'm using Firefox.) As far as I'm concerned, GigaSize is GigaCrappy. :lol:
Hi James,

Go ahead and allow the pop up. On the pop you will be asked to "CONTINUE ON TO THE DOWNLOAD". Go ahead and click on that and you will be taken to the download page. It does work because it has already been downloaded a few times. Do you have any suggestions on where else I can have the book hosted? Let me know and I will upload it there. Right now I will put it up on 4share as well.