Don: what a devilish thing you did!!!!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fern

Don: what a devilish thing you did!!!!

Post by fern »

I am talking of Komodo. Even without the name I like more- Occam- I cannot denoy it is a monster.
A friend of mine, a Phd of Londol School of Economics, asked me yesterday which engine to get between the hundreds in the freeware area and I say to him, "the easiest of them all, Komodo".

I am already laughing.

Fern
Don

Re: Don: what a devilish thing you did!!!!

Post by Don »

fern wrote:I am talking of Komodo. Even without the name I like more- Occam- I cannot denoy it is a monster.
A friend of mine, a Phd of Londol School of Economics, asked me yesterday which engine to get between the hundreds in the freeware area and I say to him, "the easiest of them all, Komodo".

I am already laughing.

Fern
Between Larry and I we had quite a discussion on the name. Occam came real close and almost became the name. Barracuda was also considered among other fish names, but Komodo finally won out.
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

Don wrote:
Between Larry and I we had quite a discussion on the name. Occam came real close and almost became the name. Barracuda was also considered among other fish names, but Komodo finally won out.

I'm glad. Because I'd back a dragon over a fish any day. You just need a really fearsome pic for the engine now i.e. NOT one like your profile pic:)
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Werewolf wrote:
Don wrote:

I'm glad. Because I'd back a dragon over a fish any day. You just need a really fearsome pic for the engine now i.e. NOT one like your profile pic:)
I liked Komodo best from those three too. Occam seems so passe.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
yanquis1972

Post by yanquis1972 »

i actually prefer occam in this case as it seems to fit the engine well. but either way i'm quite happy with it. :D
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Don wrote:
fern wrote:I am talking of Komodo. Even without the name I like more- Occam- I cannot denoy it is a monster.

I am already laughing.

Fern
It will need a good Dragon Book.

Terry McCracken