Rybka questions and answers

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

chrisw

Rybka questions and answers

Post by chrisw »

Vas has this to say, together with a proposal.

Rybka is and was always completely original. He is aware there are rumours about Fruit for a long time but never really understood where they are coming from. He is more than happy to try and address concrete questions or curious similarities with Fruit.

So, may I suggest you use this thread to put together a concrete and formal concern list to send to Vas. He can answer here, or here by email or on Rybkaforum or wherever.

Basically, prepare a list of concerns/question which have some suitable evidential backing, and append the evidence/data. We'll email it to him.

Christophe/Zach - do you want to put together a (small) team to do this?
Terry McCracken

Re: Rybka questions and answers

Post by Terry McCracken »

Would you care to show where Vas stated this? Did he e-mail you?
chrisw

Post by chrisw »

Terry McCracken wrote:Would you care to show where Vas stated this? Did he e-mail you?
Yes.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

chrisw wrote:Vas has this to say, together with a proposal.

Rybka is and was always completely original. He is aware there are rumours about Fruit for a long time but never really understood where they are coming from. He is more than happy to try and address concrete questions or curious similarities with Fruit.

So, may I suggest you use this thread to put together a concrete and formal concern list to send to Vas. He can answer here, or here by email or on Rybkaforum or wherever.

Basically, prepare a list of concerns/question which have some suitable evidential backing, and append the evidence/data. We'll email it to him.

Excellent
well done Chris
Best Regards
Steve
kranium

Post by kranium »

Steve B wrote:

Excellent
well done Chris
Best Regards
Steve
Chris, not that I don't trust you or the moderators in any way, but why a private conversation behind the scenes?
are you intending to post the emails, or interpret them or what?
i would certainly prefer that he speak for himself (publicly),
but ok, i won't complain...his involvement in any way is a good thing.
I appreciate your effort...
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Vas also responded in the rybka Forum

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... =99683;hl=
chrisw

Post by chrisw »

kranium wrote:
Steve B wrote:

Excellent
well done Chris
Best Regards
Steve
Chris, not that I don't trust you or the moderators in any way, but why a private conversation behind the scenes?
Que?! I have private conversations with many people, do you object?!

I simply asked Vas to say what he thought. His response is as written.

If a concrete concern/questions list is produced, I'll send it on to him. He will choose where and how to answer it himself. He may suggest the questions be put on the Rybkaforum. He may answer via email for reposting onto CCC. He may do whatever. Up to him.
kranium

Post by kranium »

chrisw wrote:
kranium wrote:
Steve B wrote:

Excellent
well done Chris
Best Regards
Steve
Que?! I have private conversations with many people, do you object?!

I simply asked Vas to say what he thought. His response is as written.

If a concrete concern/questions list is produced, I'll send it on to him. He will choose where and how to answer it himself. He may suggest the questions be put on the Rybkaforum. He may answer via email for reposting onto CCC. He may do whatever. Up to him.
you mentioned that you notified him (i assume via email) soon after these threads began.
you have steadfastly, rigorously (and sometimes bombastically as you stated yourself) argued in his favor from the start.

i'm suggesting you are not completely unbiased, as you have made your position clear...and i don't understand why you (or anyone) needs to serve as a communication conduit to or for Vas.

for ex:
how will 'you' determine if a concern/questions list is 'concrete'...
if you believe it's not, will you not send it?

why don't you simply create an account for him, so he can reply personally...

this whole idea reminds me of mediums trying to contact Harry Houdini after he died...
gerold

Post by gerold »

Thanks for your efforts regarding Rybka. I think Rybka is clean.
Vas does not really have to say anything or show anyone his code.

Best to you,

Gerold.
kranium

Post by kranium »

gerold wrote:

Thanks for your efforts regarding Rybka. I think Rybka is clean.
Vas does not really have to say anything or show anyone his code.

Best to you,

Gerold.
Hi Gerold,

i agree, he should not and does not have to show anyone his code.
he seems interested in answering the questions, though...

people are simply requesting an explanation as to why hundreds of (identical/equivilent) lines of code appear in both fruit 2.1 and strelka 2.0.,
etc.
i think that's a fair question...