How to interface Novag Citrine with PC

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

pgeorges

How to interface Novag Citrine with PC

Post by pgeorges »

Hi,

I received a Novag Citrine a few days ago (version 1.09) and started to write an interface for Scid on PC and a Pocket PC.
I encounter two main problems :

1. When a move is sent to the Citrine, it has to be sent twice ( the first move makes lights flash for less than a second). The problem is for a capture move, where the capuring piece blinks very shortly. The only workaround I found is to send the move twice with a delay of 200 ms for a non capturing move, and 3 seconds for a capturing one, so the player can hope to get both squares. Is there a better solution ?

2. When interfacing with a Pocket PC, I connect a Bluetooth / serial adapter to the Citrine. I get on the Pocket PC all info sent by the Citrine, but the commands sent to the Citrine by the Pocket PC don't work. I used the same program on Linux or windows through an USB/serial adapter and all works well. I even used sniffers to check commands sent, and they are the same. Any hint is really welcome.

Pascal Georges
Karmazen & Oliver

Re: How to interface Novag Citrine with PC

Post by Karmazen & Oliver »

maybe Alain Zatecha do something and have some problems too...

Martin on arena chess send twice moves...

it is dificult board.