GNU 5.07

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fern

GNU 5.07

Post by fern »

Is there something special in this program that has called the attention of some pals here? It is worthy the download for his chess or only because of some kind of historical importance as a GNU project?

My best
Fernando
Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: GNU 5.07

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

fern wrote:Is there something special in this program that has called the attention of some pals here? It is worthy the download for his chess or only because of some kind of historical importance as a GNU project?

My best
Fernando
Hi Fernando,
It's damn hard to play against it as a human,aggressive and very tactical when you face it....
In my rating list it's rated 2474 Elo 8-)
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Dann Corbit

Re: GNU 5.07

Post by Dann Corbit »

fern wrote:Is there something special in this program that has called the attention of some pals here? It is worthy the download for his chess or only because of some kind of historical importance as a GNU project?

My best
Fernando
May I say, historically speaking, that GNU Chess is not a pansy.

Actually, I like to have a broad spectrum of chess programs at my disposal, ranging from Golem to Rybka.