Collector's Corner..Selective Search..The Magazine

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Steve B

Collector's Corner..Selective Search..The Magazine

Post by Steve B »

Readers of these pages are well aware of my high degree of respect for Eric Hallsworth not only for his work as the opening book editor for Hiarcs but far more importantly for his Selective Search Magazine published continuously since 1985!

dealing chiefly today with Pc Engines he always manages to write something evey issue regarding the old computers

the ONLY magazine in English today still discussing the old computers

his Dedicated Chess Computer rating list contains ratings for nearly every chess computer released for sale and is based upon tens of thousands of games ,in many cases several thousand games per computer!
and is constantly updated to this day!

in the past i have held several contests here in the CCC where i have given away dedicated chess computers for free

this year i have decided to pay for the initial first year subscription of Selective Search (6 issues) to the first 10 members who contact me personally through a PM HERE

i do this because ..well..i want to..i think it will raise the level of knowledge for the old computers to a nice degree better then 1000 posts of mine can do(only a week's worth of posting)

please note...i am not associated commercially with the Magazine in any way..nor do i receive any discounts on anything i purchase from it..nor is Hallsworth even aware of this yet as i write this

personally i buy ALL of my new dedicated computers from ICD our sponsor not only for their unbelievable service but it would make no sense for a US collector to pay UK Sterling which amounts to almost twice the price for the same computer

you will need to provide Hallsworth with your shipping address when the time comes so dont bother to request a subscription if you have a privacy issue with doing that

also i am offering this to those without a subscription already

10 subs available

PM me first ...

First Come..First Served Regards
Steve
fern

Re: Collector's Corner..Selective Search..The Magazine

Post by fern »

To whom interest:
My patient, Steve Blincoe, is suffering a process of hallucinations that take him to the limit of making offerings beyond his financial capabilities and without any reason.
We would appreciate very much if you does not take into acount these outburst and let him the week of deep rest he needs.

Ferdnand V. Darroy, Brain Surgeon
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Fern
stop horsing around

do you have a Sub to SS??

IF NOT...you must PM me

Act Quickly Regards
Steve
fern

Post by fern »

Asking again: phone number and postal code
Fdo
Harvey Williamson

Selective Search..The Magazine Vas reads it.................

Post by Harvey Williamson »

fern wrote:Asking again: phone number and postal code
Fdo
Steve needs treatment but this is a great offer - Vas is a regular reader of Selective Search! So Are Mark and I - it is a great publication http://www.elhchess.demon.co.uk/sscontnt.htm

Harvey
fern

Re: Selective Search..The Magazine Vas reads it.............

Post by fern »

I known and I took it. Steve is a very generous guy, virtue that not every rich man, as he is, have.
Me, by example: I am almost as rich as him, but still we, in my home, only get a hot meal twice a week.

Mean regards
Fernando
Mark

Post by Mark »

Wow, what a generous offer Steve! I'll gladly accept a subscription. I'm probably number 11, though...

Just my luck regards,

Mark

Steve B wrote:Readers of these pages are well aware of my high degree of respect for Eric Hallsworth not only for his work as the opening book editor for Hiarcs but far more importantly for his Selective Search Magazine published continuously since 1985!

dealing chiefly today with Pc Engines he always manages to write something evey issue regarding the old computers

the ONLY magazine in English today still discussing the old computers

his Dedicated Chess Computer rating list contains ratings for nearly every chess computer released for sale and is based upon tens of thousands of games ,in many cases several thousand games per computer!
and is constantly updated to this day!

in the past i have held several contests here in the CCC where i have given away dedicated chess computers for free

this year i have decided to pay for the initial first year subscription of Selective Search (6 issues) to the first 10 members who contact me personally through a PM HERE

i do this because ..well..i want to..i think it will raise the level of knowledge for the old computers to a nice degree better then 1000 posts of mine can do(only a week's worth of posting)

please note...i am not associated commercially with the Magazine in any way..nor do i receive any discounts on anything i purchase from it..nor is Hallsworth even aware of this yet as i write this

personally i buy ALL of my new dedicated computers from ICD our sponsor not only for their unbelievable service but it would make no sense for a US collector to pay UK Sterling which amounts to almost twice the price for the same computer

you will need to provide Hallsworth with your shipping address when the time comes so dont bother to request a subscription if you have a privacy issue with doing that

also i am offering this to those without a subscription already

10 subs available

PM me first ...

First Come..First Served Regards
Steve
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Mark
i have received your PM
you need to check your INBOX here on the CCC

Best
Steve
picarito

Post by picarito »

Hello Steve,

I am very interested in the subscription to this magazine, thus I would wish that you took me into account in your amiable and generous supply, since I am very fan of the chess computers. I am thankful to you beforehand Steve.

Alcides Fuentes
Hello my friends of computer chess club
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

picarito wrote:Hello Steve,

I am very interested in the subscription to this magazine, thus I would wish that you took me into account in your amiable and generous supply, since I am very fan of the chess computers. I am thankful to you beforehand Steve.

Alcides Fuentes
hi Alcides
i have sent you PERSONAL MESSAGE
you must check your messages here

Regards
Steve