Any good way to broadcast tournaments?

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

amanjpro
Full name: Amanj Sherwany

Any good way to broadcast tournaments?

Post by amanjpro »

I mainly use cutechess-cli for running tournaments. And I sure will love to see the progress from time to time even when I am not home. I was thinking maybe there is a way to broadcast ongoing tournaments. I thought about pgn2web, but unfortunately cutechess-cli only writes the PGN after the game is finished. What are you good folks use usually?
amanjpro

Re: Any good way to broadcast tournaments?

Post by amanjpro »

Ah, just saw that cutechess-cli has `-pgnout FILE [min][fi]` option(s), from the help I gather that the `[min]` option is incremental maybe
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

When I was still broadcasting tournaments, I always used the ChessLive! viewer, which can broadcast games played on WinBoard. I once set up a demo for that, which also incorporated a chat window: http://hgm.nubati.net/WCCC/game1/chess.html .
amanjpro

Post by amanjpro »

Cool... thanks for the reply :)
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

amanjpro wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:12 am I mainly use cutechess-cli for running tournaments. And I sure will love to see the progress from time to time even when I am not home. I was thinking maybe there is a way to broadcast ongoing tournaments. I thought about pgn2web, but unfortunately cutechess-cli only writes the PGN after the game is finished. What are you good folks use usually?
Try to research on lichess broadcast.