On-line engine blitz tourney July

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

flok
Full name: Folkert van Heusden

Re: On-line engine blitz tourney July

Post by flok »

Joost Buijs wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:41 amThe server is reachable at 'nightmare-chess.nl' port 5000, I setup sendmail as well, so 'mailoldmoves' and 'mailstored' should work. It is running on a tiny computer, I have no idea about how many concurrent users it can handle.
Currently 0 as it is not reachable ;-)
Joost Buijs

Post by Joost Buijs »

flok wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:30 pm
Joost Buijs wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:41 amThe server is reachable at 'nightmare-chess.nl' port 5000, I setup sendmail as well, so 'mailoldmoves' and 'mailstored' should work. It is running on a tiny computer, I have no idea about how many concurrent users it can handle.
Currently 0 as it is not reachable ;-)
Indeed, I took it offline because it is still in development stage and there were no users anyway. There are still some bugs to iron out, nothing serious, but a few annoying things still have to be fixed.

The server and mamer are working fine, if you would like to try it I can leave the server permanently online. It is just a small quad-core with an average current draw of 15W, so the energy costs won't kill me. Sometimes I have to restart the server when I want to install a new version, so it would be nice if your engines can automatically reconnect. If you wish I can make some accounts for you, just mail me at admin@nightmare-chess.nl. I've not tested the email yet, but I expect it to work.

The idea is to create an online programmer tournament now and then. Lisebeth (one of the TD's of ICC) is willing to play for TD. It is not our intention to interfere with HG's tournament in any way, and maybe there is no interest for another tournament at all.
Joost Buijs

Post by Joost Buijs »

Just found another bug in pending.c, procedure add_pending at line 84. The new pending struct is not fully initialized, new->status contained garbage en is used later on without properly initializing it. This caused some weird behavior when matching other players.

My guess is that there a lot more of these hidden bugs inside the Lasker code, when I have time to spare I will try to cleanup and refactor the whole damn thing.