Which author what engine?

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Aldus
Full name: Cristi Ilovan

Which author what engine?

Post by Aldus »

Hi all,

I'm quite new to this forum and I spent some of my spare time reading some of the past topics. I already like the ideas of some people and naturally, I got curious about their engines, so I looked at their profiles. Unfortunately, most of them doesn't even have a link to their homepage or a name of their engine there. I know most of you know each other, but is there a place for a newbie to find a list of the existing engines together with their named authors?

PS: As a suggestion, put some info in your profiles! :P
Volker Annuss

Re: Which author what engine?

Post by Volker Annuss »

You can find a list of chess programmers here.
And here is a list of engines.
Aldus wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:03 pm PS: As a suggestion, put some info in your profiles! :P
done
Aldus

Post by Aldus »

Volker Annuss wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:01 pm You can find a list of chess programmers here.
Aldus wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:03 pm PS: As a suggestion, put some info in your profiles! :P
done
Thank you. But how relevant is that list? The last 3 names that replied in this forum are: Volker Annuss (yourself), D Sceviour, Sven. None of them is in that list. This is why I said it would be nice if each forum member would put some info in his profile page. If he has an engine, that is.
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

Aldus wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:15 pm
Volker Annuss wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:01 pm You can find a list of chess programmers here.
done
Thank you. But how relevant is that list? The last 3 names that replied in this forum are: Volker Annuss (yourself), D Sceviour, Sven. None of them is in that list. This is why I said it would be nice if each forum member would put some info in his profile page. If he has an engine, that is.
The link in my signature gives you the XB/UCI chronology, which contains some of your requested infos (spreadsheet alphalist)

Another one is the engine list from the CCW (computerchess wiki)
http://www.computer-chess.org/doku.php? ... ngine_list
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
Joost Buijs

Post by Joost Buijs »

Aldus wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:15 pm
done
It seems that a lot of information about engines/programmers is missing after the CPW moved to a new home.
Most programmers seem to be missing, so yes, that list is not very relevant at the moment.
Gerd Isenberg

Post by Gerd Isenberg »

Conversion and revisiting, replacing links etc. takes some time - most of the programming stuff is done. I still have a job and a bike ...
Aldus

Post by Aldus »

Guenther wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:27 pm The link in my signature gives you the XB/UCI chronology, which contains some of your requested infos (spreadsheet alphalist)

Another one is the engine list from the CCW (computerchess wiki)
http://www.computer-chess.org/doku.php? ... ngine_list
Looks very nice, thank you!