Tundra Chess, my chess game in basic

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

DBTundra
Full name: David Taylor

Tundra Chess, my chess game in basic

Post by DBTundra »

Howdy, I'm happy to be a member of this group, I've taken it upon myself out of boredom
and the way life always seems to go, wrote my own Chess program. I've always loved
battle chess and that of Chessmaster. Those games always ruled in my opinion. I even
have the one with Bobby Fischer, if anyone remembers that one. But, I'm still working
on it, it'll be my endeavor until I die. The reasoning behind why I'm doing this, is becauswe
I always loved the movie "The Thing" and loved that Chess game that was shown.

I love the simplicity of programs, you don't need fancy drivers, graphics, videos, and
all that Jazz. hat all is needed is a program with the use of a keyboard, a keyboard
will be the only use of playing the game of Chess. I hope you like what you all see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRqwvimQlNY
tmokonen
Full name: Tony Mokonen

Re: Tundra Chess, my chess game in basic

Post by tmokonen »

It looks like a fun little program. It reminds me of old ASCII based DOS programs like EdChess and Waxman Chess. Just watched your other video. Emilio Diaz made some good suggestions about hosting options in the comments. It would be nice to have the code available, if you are willing to share it.
Jouni

Post by Jouni »

Great name! I live under 1000 km from tundra myself.
Jouni
maksimKorzh
Full name: Maksim Korzh

Post by maksimKorzh »

It looks great, I like stuff like that. Did you consider to use unicode chars for representing chess pieces? It looks pretty cool in the console, I use them in print board function when debugging my engines