CLOP export to graphs in Windows

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Harvey Williamson, bob

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply
Albert Silver
Posts: 2831
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

CLOP export to graphs in Windows

Post by Albert Silver » Sat May 26, 2018 4:43 pm

Hi,

Although I am nowhere near convergence yet, I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to export the data to produce a graph. This is from the Windows GUI. I am attaching the latest two files it produces. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
My-CLOP-files.zip
(8.6 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."

F. Bluemers
Posts: 860
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Nederland
Contact:

Re: CLOP export to graphs in Windows

Post by F. Bluemers » Sat May 26, 2018 5:55 pm

Hi
To reproduce the graphs on a different system,the *.dat file and the corresponding *.clop file are needed.
Best

F. Bluemers
Posts: 860
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Nederland
Contact:

Re: CLOP export to graphs in Windows

Post by F. Bluemers » Sat May 26, 2018 5:57 pm

note that 350 or so games is not much to work on for clop...

Albert Silver
Posts: 2831
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: CLOP export to graphs in Windows

Post by Albert Silver » Sat May 26, 2018 6:46 pm

F. Bluemers wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 5:57 pm
note that 350 or so games is not much to work on for clop...
I completely agree, and am nowhere near stopping. Attached is my clop file as well.
Attachments
my-three-CLOP-files.zip
(9.03 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."

Ferdy
Posts: 4072
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Philippines

Re: CLOP export to graphs in Windows

Post by Ferdy » Sun May 27, 2018 2:27 am

Albert Silver wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 6:46 pm
F. Bluemers wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 5:57 pm
note that 350 or so games is not much to work on for clop...
I completely agree, and am nowhere near stopping. Attached is my clop file as well.
Tried to create a script to read .dat file and output it to csv for plotting in say excel. Plot below is from your FPU-PUCT-Testing.dat.
If you are interested, I will upload it after some random checking.

The script will only output the csv and you have to create a plot in excel/google spreadsheet. The scale of perf series (yellow line) is in secondary y-axis at right of plot.

perf = cummulative_score/cummulative_games
perf is still below 50% but the trend looks good as it is increasing.

Image

Albert Silver
Posts: 2831
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: CLOP export to graphs in Windows

Post by Albert Silver » Mon May 28, 2018 4:22 pm

Ferdy wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 2:27 am
Albert Silver wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 6:46 pm
F. Bluemers wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 5:57 pm
note that 350 or so games is not much to work on for clop...
I completely agree, and am nowhere near stopping. Attached is my clop file as well.
Tried to create a script to read .dat file and output it to csv for plotting in say excel. Plot below is from your FPU-PUCT-Testing.dat.
If you are interested, I will upload it after some random checking.

The script will only output the csv and you have to create a plot in excel/google spreadsheet. The scale of perf series (yellow line) is in secondary y-axis at right of plot.

perf = cummulative_score/cummulative_games
perf is still below 50% but the trend looks good as it is increasing.

Image
Hi Ferdy,

Many thanks for this, it is quite interesting. Here are my updated results so far:

Image

and Winrate:

Image

Updated files attached for the record.
Attachments
CLOP-936gms.zip
(22.16 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."

Ferdy
Posts: 4072
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Philippines

Re: CLOP export to graphs in Windows

Post by Ferdy » Tue May 29, 2018 9:07 am

Convert clop data file to csv file for graphing.

Usage:

Code: Select all

cdr.exe -i FPU-PUCT-Testing.dat -o out.csv
Download:
CLOP data reader



Tried to use plotly lib, see if you can view this. You should be able to zoom in/out, pan etc.
clop plot

Next version of cdr will automatically plot the data saved locally in html file (can be exported to plotly account for viewing online). But you need to install plotly.

I assume you already have installed python which may include a pip. Open windows cmd (run as administrator) is better then type,

Code: Select all

pip install plotly

Post Reply