Chess Programming Wiki

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

jordanbray

Re: Chess Programming Wiki

Post by jordanbray »

I went ahead and registered chessprogrammingwiki.com. If anyone has a website set up and would like me to point this at them, let me know.

Additionally, I would be willing to host this on my personal server if need be. If anyone has any issues with that or other questions, let me know. I somehow doubt there will be enough traffic to the site to cause any problems for my $30/month server.
Gerd Isenberg

Post by Gerd Isenberg »

Gerd Isenberg wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:32 pm
jdart wrote:I have noticed the announcement that Wikispaces, which is hosting the Chess Programming Wiki, is shutting down (http://blog.wikispaces.com/). I hope there are plans to migrate the content elsewhere, because it has been a good resource and reference.

--Jon
We have wikitext backups, and some months time to look for another host.

Gerd
Still in the process of conversion and revision, the new cpw based on mediawiki is online with most programming stuff available.

Gerd
guyhaw
Full name: Guy McCrossan Haworth

Post by guyhaw »

Great job by the CPW team in resurrecting this ultra-valuable source of information.

Congratulations and thanks to all.

Guy
crem

Post by crem »

How can I register there?
I was in a mood to contribute a few times, but couldn't find a way.

Also there are some mistypes here and there to fix, e.g. "The diagonals are the north-east directed, distinguished from the anti-diagonals in north-east directions." in https://www.chessprogramming.org/Chessboard
Gerd Isenberg

Post by Gerd Isenberg »

Hi crem and all others interested to contribute,
unfortunately CPW seems to have no way to register yourself or to demand registration - please send me a pm with suggested user name, and e-mail, then I will create an account.

Thanks & Best regards,
Gerd