Aspiration window problem

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Henk

Re: Aspiration window problem

Post by Henk »

I think trouble started when it found an entry in transposition table with value outside of the search window and returning it's best move while not ignoring it.
op12no2
Full name: Colin Jenkins

Post by op12no2 »

Henk wrote:I think trouble started when it found an entry in transposition table with value outside of the search window and returning it's best move while that move can not be trusted.
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63251 :)
Henk

Post by Henk »

I have to revise my code I guess for now it is too strict.

Also nearby there is the distance to root problem to get correct mate in N scores. So even if it works you may get incorrect mate in N scores because you were not using the corrected distance from root value,

[And another problem is when you should reuse best move from transposition table or use internal iterative deepening to get a first move.]
elcabesa

Post by elcabesa »

Henk wrote: [And another problem is when you should reuse best move from transposition table or use internal iterative deepening to get a first move.]
When you have a move coming from tt use it, when you don't have a move from tt it's time to use iid to get a move.
CheckersGuy

Post by CheckersGuy »

elcabesa wrote:
Henk wrote: [And another problem is when you should reuse best move from transposition table or use internal iterative deepening to get a first move.]
When you have a move coming from tt use it, when you don't have a move from tt it's time to use iid to get a move.
Do you use iid at every node under this condition ?