Crabby, original chess engine written in the rust language

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Johnson-A

Crabby, original chess engine written in the rust language

Post by Johnson-A »

Hello, I recently started writing my first chess engine called Crabby https://github.com/Johnson-A/Crabby. My goal in writing Crabby is to explore and learn about chess programming. Crabby is written in the rust programming language and is my largest project using the language. I've learned a lot and I think that the code is a pretty good example of the language.

I'd like to thank the members of this forum for all of the information and discussions which I often use as a resource for writing Crabby. I would greatly appreciate it if you would look at the source code and give feedback on my progress / mistakes!

Crabby currently plays at an elo of around 2400-2500 based on games against sjeng 11.2 and other engines. In order to build crabby you will have to install the nightly rust compiler, however, I can provide binaries if you would like!

Thanks in advance!
cdani

Re: Crabby, original chess engine written in the rust langua

Post by cdani »

Congratulations on your nice work! Some time ago I published here some binaries of your 2.0 version, but they were not working for many people. Sure it will be nice if you publish updated ones. Also there are some people that needs 32 bit version if possible :-).
Bloodbane

Post by Bloodbane »

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your engine.
Functional programming combines the flexibility and power of abstract mathematics with the intuitive clarity of abstract mathematics.
https://github.com/mAarnos
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

cdani wrote:Congratulations on your nice work! Some time ago I published here some binaries of your 2.0 version, but they were not working for many people. Sure it will be nice if you publish updated ones. Also there are some people that needs 32 bit version if possible :-).
I was getting frequent time losses at repeating time controls, so could not test it.
Does Crabby support repeating time controls?
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Johnson-A

Post by Johnson-A »

Graham Banks wrote:
cdani wrote:Congratulations on your nice work! Some time ago I published here some binaries of your 2.0 version, but they were not working for many people. Sure it will be nice if you publish updated ones. Also there are some people that needs 32 bit version if possible :-).
I was getting frequent time losses at repeating time controls, so could not test it.
Does Crabby support repeating time controls?
I'm working on improving time management so I'll definitely release a version ready for testing when I'm done. All UCI time options should be implemented.
Johnson-A

Post by Johnson-A »

Thanks! Once I fix a few more time management issues I'll publish binaries and let you know!
Johnson-A

Post by Johnson-A »

Bloodbane wrote:Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your engine.
Thanks!