On-line engine blitz tourney October

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

hgm
Full name: H G Muller

On-line engine blitz tourney October

Post by hgm »

The monthly on-line engine blitz tourney for October will take place on:

Saturday October 10, 3pm Boston day-light-saving time (21:00 Amsterdam time)

To connect:

winboard -zp -ics -icshost winboard.nl -icshelper timeseal -fcp ENGINE.exe -fd ENGINEFOLDER -autoKibitz

(for UCI engines, add -fUCI)
matthewlai

Re: On-line engine blitz tourney October

Post by matthewlai »

hgm wrote:The monthly on-line engine blitz tourney for October will take place on:

To connect:

winboard -zp -ics -icshost winboard.nl -icshelper timeseal -fcp ENGINE.exe -fd ENGINEFOLDER -autoKibitz

It will be 3am where I am at the moment so I won't be able to join in person. Please join Giraffe for me if it's online at that time.
Disclosure: I work for DeepMind on the AlphaZero project, but everything I say here is personal opinion and does not reflect the views of DeepMind / Alphabet.
op12no2
Full name: Colin Jenkins

Post by op12no2 »

Wales v Australia. Have fun.
tttony

Post by tttony »

According to: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/n ... /amsterdam

Right now while I'm writing this the time in Amsterdam 21:00 so in my country is 14:30, but I'm working in this time :(

Is it automated? I don't have a good internet connection and I don't think it's needed a fast internet connection

Can my engine join?

What are the rules for the tourney?
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

In principle the tournament is automated. But it is a bad idea to leave the computer entirely unattended,as there might be problems (like disconnections, of you or the opponent) that would require the game to be restarted by hand, or require you to reconnect. So if your connection is not completely reliable, you would be unlikely to last to the end of the tourney.

To participate you would have to PM me an e-mail address and the name of your engine, then I can make an account for you.
Henk

Post by Henk »

Don't think Skipper will join if it plays like it does now. Very bad. So currently I'm not interested to join this tournament. Don't know if I will find a major improvement. Also and much worse in a totally won position in a simple end game it reports mate in 1 and stops moving.
Daniel Anulliero

Post by Daniel Anulliero »

Henk wrote:Don't think Skipper will join if it plays like it does now. Very bad. So currently I'm not interested to join this tournament. Don't know if I will find a major improvement. Also and much worse in a totally won position in a simple end game it reports mate in 1 and stops moving.
Don't cry like that Henk! Listen à lot more experts advices ! 😉
And come on to the funny monthly hgm's tourney ! 😊
Bests and good luck for Skipper!
Henk

Post by Henk »

Daniel Anulliero wrote:
Henk wrote:Don't think Skipper will join if it plays like it does now. Very bad. So currently I'm not interested to join this tournament. Don't know if I will find a major improvement. Also and much worse in a totally won position in a simple end game it reports mate in 1 and stops moving.
Don't cry like that Henk!
Don't like your denigrating comments even if you are right. Please don't reply again on any one of my posts. I don't want to contact moderators all the time.
Daniel Anulliero

Post by Daniel Anulliero »

Henk wrote:
Daniel Anulliero wrote:
Don't cry like that Henk!
Don't like your denigrating comments even if you are right. Please don't reply again on any one of my posts. I don't want to contact moderators all the time.
Lol ok master 😉
bob

Post by bob »

hgm wrote:The monthly on-line engine blitz tourney for October will take place on:

To connect:

I'm going to try to make it.

What is the time control and are there any specific server commands that need to be pre-programmed???