An answer to Lucas' allegations

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

chetday

Re: An answer to Lucas' allegations

Post by chetday »

My only complaint about the current moderating team is that they tolerate too much rudeness and bullshit from certain trolls who apparently need the forum to vent and relieve their aggressiveness and what at times appears to be downright hatred of others. These trolls don't know how lucky they have it.

For what it's worth, I frequent another forum every day, the UMGF (Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum) where rudeness and disrespect for the moderators and fellow forum members just plain is not tolerated. Near as I can tell, the mods on the UMGF give trolls a warning or two and then if they don't start acting like decent human beings who treat others they way they like to be treated, the trolls lose posting access to the forum.

An online forum should be a civilized place where thoughtful and mature people can express opinions and agree and disagree. With the exception of a very few vocal minority, the TalkChess forum is such a place. Remove posting privileges for a couple of weeks and maybe the jerks here will better appreciate the rest of the community and act accordingly.

So, +1 and then some for the current moderators.
Henk

Post by Henk »

I think only people programming on chess engines are allowed to post here.
If not create a separate division.

Other people playing the manager or coach are from another planet. Please stay away from me.
Ryan Benitez

Post by Ryan Benitez »

Rebel wrote:Sorry to see you spoil your valuable time (hours?) on this. Was no need. In my view you guys are the best mods since the existence of CCC. No surprise you can't find successors :lol:
I challenge you in the arena on that.
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Ryan Benitez wrote:
Rebel wrote:Sorry to see you spoil your valuable time (hours?) on this. Was no need. In my view you guys are the best mods since the existence of CCC. No surprise you can't find successors :lol:
I challenge you in the arena on that.
Instant acceptance :wink:
JVMerlino

Post by JVMerlino »

+1 also!
Sam Hull
Full name: Sam Hull

Post by Sam Hull »

I have contributed my two cents on the allegation here in this forum, and there is an extended discussion of the election issue in CTF here.

-Sam-
ThomasJMiller

Post by ThomasJMiller »

I also think this is the best mod team.

I think moderators here at Talkchess should have more powers. In other forum I regularly visit, mods can suspend or even ban troublemakers.
JuLieN
Full name: Julien Marcel

Post by JuLieN »

ThomasJMiller wrote:In other forum I regularly visit, mods can suspend or even ban troublemakers.
Oh, we can do that, although we do it rarely. It takes a lot to trigger the ban. :) For instance, Daniel is currently banned until next monday.

@All:
Thanks a lot for your support.
"The only good bug is a dead bug." (Don Dailey)
[Blog: http://tinyurl.com/predateur ] [Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fbpredateur ] [MacEngines: http://tinyurl.com/macengines ]
Ryan Benitez

Post by Ryan Benitez »

JuLieN wrote:
ThomasJMiller wrote:In other forum I regularly visit, mods can suspend or even ban troublemakers.
Oh, we can do that, although we do it rarely. It takes a lot to trigger the ban. :) For instance, Daniel is currently banned until next monday.

@All:
Thanks a lot for your support.
Where is the arena! :P
Daniel Shawul

Post by Daniel Shawul »

I can't believe you created another thread, when the 'problem with my otherwise acceptable post' stackOVERFLOW was that I created a new thread. Wasn't it easier to reply to the existing Lucas' post?? The double standard and absence of logic here is of the stone age.