Profiling error with MSVC 2005

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Denis P. Mendoza

Profiling error with MSVC 2005

Post by Denis P. Mendoza »

I've been using MSVC 2005 STD edition for quite some time. Lately I just inserted the upgraded Professional edition to use PGO. The problem is. using the IDE, I always have an error when starting to profile my compile with PGI......

MSVC 2005 compiling error, This application has failed to start because PGORT80.dll was not found.....

It's odd since the pgort80.dll is on the MSVC bin folder. I managed to profile my binary after inserting the pgort80.dll with the executable (Release folder)???!!! Has somebody experienced this, or did I miss something. I had no problrms with Intel with IDE or commandline, except for this one.
MartinBryant

Re: Profiling error with MSVC 2005

Post by MartinBryant »

Never had quite that one Denis, but I have had VS2005 go completely haywire on me on several occasions (crashing, dumb messages, etc).
Always a repair of the installation has done the trick.

Good luck!
davehore

Post by davehore »

If that does not work, try applying the latest MSVS service pack.

It takes ages to install though :-)

Dave
Denis P. Mendoza

MartinBryant wrote:Never had quite that one Denis, but I have had VS2005 go completely haywire on me on several occasions (crashing, dumb messages, etc).
Always a repair of the installation has done the trick.

Good luck!
I already repaired/reinstalled the upgrade but to no avail. Same old case. I better uninstall the entire software and make a clean install. And it will be a very loooooooooong installation especially with the DVDs (which I hate so much). And thanks, I need that luck somehow while waiting.
Denis P. Mendoza

davehore wrote:If that does not work, try applying the latest MSVS service pack.

It takes ages to install though :-)

Dave
I also tried it. A clean install will probably do the trick, but I really don't have to grow 2mm of beard just to wait for it to finish. I just have to google some more or ask Bill Gates :lol: