UCI and Linux

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Sargon

Re: UCI and Linux

Post by Sargon »

I've tried to compile it and stumbled over the problem that I only have includes/libraries with Unicode-support. I guess for this program Ansi-support would be required. (when I see calls to fgets etc)

So I'm hoping for a statically linked version. :)

Sargon
Pradu

Post by Pradu »

Sargon wrote:I've tried to compile it and stumbled over the problem that I only have includes/libraries with Unicode-support. I guess for this program Ansi-support would be required. (when I see calls to fgets etc)

So I'm hoping for a statically linked version. :)

Sargon
Ok some bad news. 8-) It seems you can't just "compile" wxWidgets code that easy and expect it to perform the same on different platforms:

(Here the problem was with not being able to launch ./Buzz in the working directory of the Buzz folder for some reason??)

Seems like it'll take some actual code modifications for it to work well on both platforms, so I can't get it done this weekend. I guess I'll put up a Linux version with the next release.
Sargon

Post by Sargon »

Did you use a Unicode version or an Ansi version? I see you're using Ubuntu too. :o) I couldn't find an Ansi version of wxWidgets quickly. I didn't try downloading the sources and compiling them though. But if you tried it with an Ansi version already, I won't try the same. Anyway, thanks for trying! Looking forward to the next version. :)

Sargon
Pradu

Post by Pradu »

Sargon wrote:Did you use a Unicode version or an Ansi version? I see you're using Ubuntu too. :o) I couldn't find an Ansi version of wxWidgets quickly. I didn't try downloading the sources and compiling them though. But if you tried it with an Ansi version already, I won't try the same. Anyway, thanks for trying! Looking forward to the next version. :)

Sargon
I think it should compile with both. All you have to do is put -DwxUSE_UNICODE=0 in your compiler flags. But yes, I did compile PSWBTM with an ANSI wxWidgets I built.
Daniel Mehrmann
Full name: Daniel Mehrmann

Post by Daniel Mehrmann »

Pradu wrote:
Sargon wrote:Did you use a Unicode version or an Ansi version? I see you're using Ubuntu too. :o) I couldn't find an Ansi version of wxWidgets quickly. I didn't try downloading the sources and compiling them though. But if you tried it with an Ansi version already, I won't try the same. Anyway, thanks for trying! Looking forward to the next version. :)

Sargon
I think it should compile with both. All you have to do is put -DwxUSE_UNICODE=0 in your compiler flags. But yes, I did compile PSWBTM with an ANSI wxWidgets I built.
btw: Please use the latest CVS xboard version from the xboard hompage, http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/xboard/ , it includes some improvments since 4.2.7 :wink:

Best,
Daniel