Compiling PSWBTM (to Pradu)

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

FrancoisK

Compiling PSWBTM (to Pradu)

Post by FrancoisK »

Hi Pradu

I have trouble compiling PSWBTM with Microsoft Visual 2005.
What version of wxWidgets and Visual should I use ?
It seems that according to nmake some targets in your makefile are missing (all-before for instance) so i tried to start from scratch in visual with an empty win32 project. In vain (wxWidgets include sequence issue).

I would like to make some changes to handle very short time controls (40 moves in 10 seconds !) and multi gauntlets with a custom pairing algorithm.

François
Andres Valverde

Re: Compiling PSWBTM (to Pradu)

Post by Andres Valverde »

FrancoisK wrote:Hi Pradu
I would like to make some changes to handle very short time controls (40 moves in 10 seconds !) and multi gauntlets with a custom pairing algorithm.

François
Hi François, multigaunlet is a feature requested for me to Pradu thrillions times :) . Another one is running the tournaments in carousel mode (as Arena does) to avoid waiting for the end of each (long) match.
Saludos, Andres
Pradu

Post by Pradu »

I have trouble compiling PSWBTM with Microsoft Visual 2005.
What version of wxWidgets and Visual should I use ?
It seems that according to nmake some targets in your makefile are missing (all-before for instance) so i tried to start from scratch in visual with an empty win32 project. In vain (wxWidgets include sequence issue).

François
Hi François!

I'm not sure for what wxWidgets versions it works for but it compiles with the current one on both Windows (mingw & VS2003 & VS2005) and Linux (GCC).

If your compiling for Windows I suggest you use wxDevC++:
http://wxdsgn.sourceforge.net/

There should be a devC++ project file included with the sources with all the libs, includes, and resource includes already setup. I use wxDevC++ as my Form Editor and it also happens to support GCC and the VS2005 compiler. I think there is also a tutorial on the website on how to integrate wxDevC++ as a form editor to Visual Studio if you prefer the Visual Studio editor.

I guess PSWBTM is poorly documented but the whole program is simple enough. Tournament.ccp has all the pairings and file code. NewTournament.ccp is the NewTournament dialog that you can edit/add events pretty easily with wxDevC++.

Good luck and feel free to PM me here or on the Winboard Forum if you are having any problems. :)
Last edited by Pradu on Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pradu

Post by Pradu »

Andres Valverde wrote:

François
Hi François, multigaunlet is a feature requested for me to Pradu thrillions times :) . Another one is running the tournaments in carousel mode (as Arena does) to avoid waiting for the end of each (long) match.
Yeah I'm a bit lazy... :)
FrancoisK

Post by FrancoisK »

Hi Pradu

Thanks for the info :D

I do not know this dev environment at all, but it will be an opportunity to discover it :o

I have already taken a glance at your code, seems weel written and easy to understand (not like bugchess2 source for instance :wink: ) but i will have to learn wxWidgets and wxDevC++.

I'll keep you posted if i find the time and courage to do this.

Cheers
François
FrancoisK

Post by FrancoisK »

Hi Andres :D

I i am not too lazy and manage to add the features, i'll send the modified PSWBTM to you and Pradu.

Happy to see that Eveann qualified for 4th :P Bravo !

Cheers
François