My test for Clover 2.3.1 x64-bmi2

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

lucametehau
Full name: Metehau Luca

Re: My test for Clover 2.3.1 x64-bmi2

Post by lucametehau »

I have been told that it takes CCRL some time to test an engine, so I decided to wait. I'd say it was worth waiting, because I saw that Graham wants to do a Clover gauntlet (thx btw :D ). As for CEGT, I have no idea (2.2 is still in testing phase but it will finish some day...).
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

lucametehau wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:42 pm ... As for CEGT, I have no idea (2.2 is still in testing phase but it will finish some day...).
It IS finished and the games were sent to our webmaster who makes the updates. But as I stated a number of times, he has very limited time at the moment for several reason.
So, Clover 2.2 will be in our next update, hopefully this, maybe next week. Version 2.3.1 or the then actual version will be tested too of course. But it's nearly impossible to test every version as soon as it comes out with a considerable number of games and not only 100 vs. one opponent... :roll:
I hope for your understanding...;)
Best
Wolfgang
CEGT-Team
www.cegt.net
www.cegt.forumieren.com
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

Wolfgang wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:54 pm ...Version 2.3.1 or the then actual version will be tested too of course. But it's nearly impossible to test every version as soon as it comes out with a considerable number of games and not only 100 vs. one opponent... :roll:
One of my Ryzen 5 machines just became free by chance, so I start a quick test for at least 1000 games
- Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3,5 GHZ
- avx2 compile
- Shredder Classic 13 GUI (5 instances)
https://cegt.forumieren.com/t1502-tourn ... sions#2948
Best
Wolfgang
CEGT-Team
www.cegt.net
www.cegt.forumieren.com
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Post by Sylwy »

mar wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:23 am
Graham Banks wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:13 am You have the opportunity of being more selective.
......also he only plays 100 fast TC games against a single opponent :D not the greatest way to approximate a rating, which sums up the "quality" of such tests.......
:wink:

The problem is old. I already answered last year (see image below). I don't understand why you're upset. I have not published (and I will not publish) the final result Clover-Cheng!

:lol:

Last edited by Sylwy on Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mar
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Post by mar »

Sylwy wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:22 pm
Graham Banks wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:13 am You have the opportunity of being more selective.
......also he only plays 100 fast TC games against a single opponent :D not the greatest way to approximate a rating, which sums up the "quality" of such tests.......

The problem is old. I already answered last year (see image below). I don't understand why you're upset. I have not published (and I will not publish) the final result Clover-Cheng!
haha not really, I simply stated a fact, that's all, maestro :D you are free to (not) publish whatever you want (not that I would care) ;)
also my reply was addressed to Graham
Martin Sedlak
Sylwy

Post by Sylwy »

mar wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:27 pm
Sylwy wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:22 pm

haha not really, I simply stated a fact, that's all, maestro :D you are free to (not) publish whatever you want (not that I would care) ;)

Perfect ! Thanks for understanding ! Accurate calibration requires time and computational resources. That's why my reference is always CCRL (less CEGT, not to mention SSDF). However, an individual can test a limited number of engines (Mr Pohl's case). In addition, my test time is always blitz (4 '+ 2 "-so about 12-15 minutes per game). Indicative - that's why there are my tests of 100 games.
lucametehau

Post by lucametehau »

Wolfgang wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:01 pm
Wolfgang wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:54 pm ...Version 2.3.1 or the then actual version will be tested too of course. But it's nearly impossible to test every version as soon as it comes out with a considerable number of games and not only 100 vs. one opponent... :roll:
One of my Ryzen 5 machines just became free by chance, so I start a quick test for at least 1000 games
- Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3,5 GHZ
- avx2 compile
- Shredder Classic 13 GUI (5 instances)
https://cegt.forumieren.com/t1502-tourn ... sions#2948
Thanks Wolfgang! You said you had a problem with your webmaster, that's why I waited.
But it's nearly impossible to test every version as soon as it comes out with a considerable number of games and not only 100 vs. one opponent... :roll:
That's what I said and it's true, I have nothing against it. :D
Sylwy

Post by Sylwy »

lucametehau wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:42 pm I have been told that it takes CCRL some time to test an engine, so I decided to wait. I'd say it was worth waiting, because I saw that Graham wants to do a Clover gauntlet (thx btw :D ). As for CEGT, I have no idea (2.2 is still in testing phase but it will finish some day...).
:lol:

Well, wait for ! You are talented ..... but young. Things are a little different ..... Just an example (just one):

The situation (after 59 games) in my test (tomorrow night the final result):

==================

Let's not forget (this is for Mr. Martin Sedlak): yes, I use a single core (out of 4) and Arena 3.5.1 GUI (or sometimes Fritz_17_x64 GUI) because the other three cores have another destination (video editing, etc , etc, etc). Computer chess is just a hobby.
lucametehau

Post by lucametehau »

Well, it doesn't really matter, as long as it gets tested (at least for me :D ). As for ClassicAra, I think that's not the first version that got fully tested by CCRL, so I'd assume it has a some priority over me.

So I think we can put an end to this pointless "fight". I support all of you and I will show my concerns when I have some. Peace! :D
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

lucametehau wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:01 am ...Peace! :D
👍
Best
Wolfgang
CEGT-Team
www.cegt.net
www.cegt.forumieren.com