UFO Hovering Over The Bedouin Caravan (Asymp-Cheng-Count-Craf-Fab-Fru-Halo-Koiv-Mono-Seer-Smar-Stash-Sting-Topp-Weiss)

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Angle
Full name: Aleksey Glebov

Re: UFO Hovering Over The Bedouin Caravan (Asymp-Cheng-Count-Craf-Fab-Fru-Halo-Koiv-Mono-Seer-Smar-Stash-Sting-Topp-Weis

Post by Angle »

Standings after Round 32:

Live stream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN9hAzWRwPI
Incredibly fast systems miscount incredibly fast.
Angle

Re: UFO Hovering Over The Bedouin Caravan (Asymp-Cheng-Count-Craf-Fab-Fru-Halo-Koiv-Mono-Seer-Smar-Stash-Sting-Topp-Weis

Post by Angle »

Standings after Round 44:

Live stream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN9hAzWRwPI
Angle

Post by Angle »

Angle

Post by Angle »

This turned out to be a crazy fight up to the very end! New Stars (Koivisto, Halogen, and Seer) against Yesterday's Legends (Protector, BlackMamba, and SmarThink). It would be fair to say that all 6 engines shared the top spot! The other pleasant fact is the clear progress of the new versions of Cheng. Fruit, Halogen, Koivisto. Stash, Topple, and Weiss over the previous versions.

Thanks to all who followed the Tournament!

My next tourney will include some versions of ChessBrainVB, Demolito. Halogen, Hannibal, Houdini, Marvin, Minic, Nirvanachess, Orion, Senpai, Texel, Wasp, and other engines.
Kieren Pearson
Full name: Kieren Pearson

Post by Kieren Pearson »

Wow what a close finish, only half a point separating the top 6 engines!
Angle

Post by Angle »

Kieren Pearson wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:25 am Wow what a close finish, only half a point separating the top 6 engines!
Yeah, I didn't expect that it would be so equal. By the way, I expected a bit more from both Halogen versions. May be the compiles are not optimal for my hardware.
mar
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Post by mar »

thanks for the tournament, it was fun to follow except for some hiccups (like streaming stopped after n rounds for some reason etc.)
Martin Sedlak
Angle

Post by Angle »

mar wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:34 am thanks for the tournament, it was fun to follow except for some hiccups (like streaming stopped after n rounds for some reason etc.)
It's because my laptop is used for different purporses. The Internet connection is also unstable, so... sometimes I am forced to make a pause for a while.

At this moment, in my personal rating list Cheng 4.40 is close to Monolith 2 and Amoeba 3.2, and is 61 ELO stronger than ver. 4.39. However, only 108 games are played (in two tournaments), so this result is just a hint
mar
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Post by mar »

I see. I would be more than happy with 30+ :)
Martin Sedlak
Angle

Post by Angle »

mar wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:37 pm I see. I would be more than happy with 30+ :)
You have a reason to be happy as in the new CCRL Blitz Rating List Cheng 4.40 (1 CPU) is +71 ELO ahead of Cheng 4.39 (1 CPU) after 691 games :D