LIVE Dragon by Komodo Chess vs Stockfish 151120 (TC=90m+30s)(32 Threads)

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mwyoung

LIVE Dragon by Komodo Chess vs Stockfish 151120 (TC=90m+30s)(32 Threads)

Post by mwyoung »

Dragon by Komodo Chess vs Stockfish 151120 (TC=90m+30s)(32 Threads)

Hardware 2950x, RTX 2080TI
24 Gb Hash for each engine
The top ten 7 man tablebases.
Opening book 6 moves.

Live Stream:
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
But my words like silent raindrops fell. And echoed in the wells of silence.
mehmet123
Full name: Mehmet Karaman

Re: LIVE Dragon by Komodo Chess vs Stockfish 151120 (TC=90m+30s)(32 Threads)

Post by mehmet123 »

Great Match. This match will show us Dragon by Komodo's real strength.
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

mehmet123 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:11 pm Great Match. This match will show us Dragon by Komodo's real strength.
Yes! And may the best engine win.

All I know is Dragon has the Stockfish fandom up in arms. I have not seen this kind of tribalism on my chat in a long time.

If Dragon wins they will try to ban me from my own channel. :lol:
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

Post by Chessqueen »

mwyoung wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:47 pm
mehmet123 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:11 pm Great Match. This match will show us Dragon by Komodo's real strength.

All I know is Dragon has the Stockfish fandom up in arms. I have not seen this kind of tribalism on my chat in a long time.

Is this Stockfish NNUE, another question why don't you just display the Score instead of all those others confusing details?
Note: I have been watching the Skilling Open and Noticed that in most 4 or 5 men endgames these super GMs do NOT make the best moves according to engines that are analyzing it, including Carlsen has made several inaccurate moves, so my question here is why do Engines need 6 and 7 men Endgames when playing versus any Super GM, especially in Rapid or Blitz games like that match Dragon MCTS Vs Nakamura?
Do NOT worry and be happy, we all live a short life :roll:
mehmet123
Full name: Mehmet Karaman

Post by mehmet123 »

Chessqueen wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:48 pm Is this Stockfish NNUE, another question why don't you just display the Score instead of all those others confusing details?
I'd like to answer these questions instead of Mark. Yes it's Stockfish NNUE
The score table is at middle right. I could not realize the score table at first, too.
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

Chessqueen wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:48 pm

Is this Stockfish NNUE, another question why don't you just display the Score instead of all those others confusing details?
Note: I have been watching the Skilling Open and Noticed that in most 4 or 5 men endgames these super GMs do NOT make the best moves according to engines that are analyzing it, including Carlsen has made several inaccurate moves, so my question here is why do Engines need 6 and 7 men Endgames when playing versus any Super GM, especially in Rapid or Blitz games like that match Dragon MCTS Vs Nakamura?
Yes this is Stockfish NNUE. NNUE is default.

And the subs wanted this layout. I guess it is not confusing for them. And I can read any layout. It make little difference for me.

And the engines do not need any endgame tables playing any human. As all humans are just bad chess players. Playing others engines that is a different matter.

But the TBs are free, and it can only help. And it is nice to see huge mate in # scores.
Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

Post by Chessqueen »

mwyoung wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:41 pm
Chessqueen wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:48 pm

Yes this is Stockfish NNUE. NNUE is default.

And the subs wanted this layout. I guess it is not confusing for them. And I can read any layout. It make little difference for me.

And the engines do not need any endgame tables playing any human. As all humans are just bad chess players. Playing others engines that is a different matter.

But the TBs are free, and it can only help. And it is nice to see huge mate in # scores.

You are correct Even a simple endgame where Naka was playing versus the Indian grandmaster Vidit S in the skilling Open, Naka played like 50 moves without realizing this simple Lucerna endgame is DRAW as long as you keep your only Rook on the 2nd rank or 7th rank or b file or g file like in this case, in this case wherever the White King move next weather f3 or f5 the Black Rook has to move to g5 to prevent the White Rook from mating [d]2B2R2/8/8/8/5Krk/8/8/8 w - - 3 1
https://en.chessbase.com/post/skilling-open-2020-live
Do NOT worry and be happy, we all live a short life :roll:
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

Match Update 1

After 17 games at 90m+30s. Dragon vs Stockfish 151120. The results are all even. +0 =17 -0.

Live Stream:
Jouni

Post by Jouni »

Remember last TCEC final? Noomen comment: "All balanced lines, slightly unbalanced lines and slightly dubious lines ended in draws => the draw rate for such lines is 100%".
Jouni
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

Jouni wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:08 pm Remember last TCEC final? Noomen comment: "All balanced lines, slightly unbalanced lines and slightly dubious lines ended in draws => the draw rate for such lines is 100%".
And that is the natural outcome when two strong and equal players play chess. That is the same for human chess as well. We are not here for fantasy chess testing as TCEC. Bias and bad openings only produce bias and bad results. Draws are not bad. Draws only mean that the other player could not find, and exploit the errors in the game.

Look at TCEC logic. If chess is now a draw with the best engines 100% of the time. When playing openings the engines agree with, and not garbage openings.

Then the results by forcing Bias and Bad openings is a LIE! :shock:

You are cooking a result because YOU or TCEC, are forcing bad positions.

This is seen if you force a bad book one one engine, but let the other engine play what it thinks is the best moves. The garbage book loses. And again have your unbalanced openings. And again the results are garbage! :lol: