SPCC: Testrun of Minic 2.51 nascent nutrient finished

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

pohl4711
Full name: Stefan Pohl

SPCC: Testrun of Minic 2.51 nascent nutrient finished

Post by pohl4711 »

AB-testrun of Minic 2.51 Nascent_Nutrient nnue-net (own net, created by Minic itself) finished.

https://www.sp-cc.de

(Perhaps you have to clear your browsercache or reload the website)
xr_a_y

Re: SPCC: Testrun of Minic 2.51 nascent nutrient finished

Post by xr_a_y »

Thanks a lot testing !

If is it possible for you, can you please rename the corresponding line in your table to
MinicNNUE 2.51 nasc_nutr

Did you use "ForceNNUE=false" (that means hybrid eval) on this test ?
pohl4711
Full name: Stefan Pohl

Post by pohl4711 »

xr_a_y wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:33 pm Thanks a lot testing !

If is it possible for you, can you please rename the corresponding line in your table to
MinicNNUE 2.51 nasc_nutr

I tested with default settings. Only the net was specified with the NNUEFile option. Plus setting of hash and threads=1.

Renaming? The names of engine plus name of nnue-net is already pretty long. So, I would prefer to keep the name as it is. Because, when a nnue-net name is part of the engine-name, I believe it is totally clear, that the engine is a nnue-using engine?!?
And a renaming would mean, I must rename Nemorion and Igel, too. I think, all members of the computerchess-community know, which engine use nnue-nets. And nnue-nets are just a new kind of evaluation-function. Nobody had the idea, to rename the first engines, which were using Lmr-pruning or Nullmove etc... (Rybka LMR? or Fritz Nullmove? No.)
xr_a_y

Post by xr_a_y »

pohl4711 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:15 pm
xr_a_y wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:33 pm Thanks a lot testing !

MinicNNUE 2.51 nasc_nutr

I tested with default settings. Only the net was specified with the NNUEFile option. Plus setting of hash and threads=1.

Renaming? The names of engine plus name of nnue-net is already pretty long. So, I would prefer to keep the name as it is. Because, when a nnue-net name is part of the engine-name, I believe it is totally clear, that the engine is a nnue-using engine?!?
And a renaming would mean, I must rename Nemorion and Igel, too. I think, all members of the computerchess-community know, which engine use nnue-nets. And nnue-nets are just a new kind of evaluation-function. Nobody had the idea, to rename the first engines, which were using Lmr-pruning or Nullmove etc... (Rybka LMR? or Fritz Nullmove? No.)
I understand your position and the comparison to LMR.
As I'm quite new to chess engine community in a way, this is the first "revolution" i'm living.
I need time and probably to take a step back.

Thanks again for your interest.