Annoucing Computer Chess Championship 3

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

arunsoorya1309

Annoucing Computer Chess Championship 3

Post by arunsoorya1309 »

Hi All,

I have taken over as tournament director for CCC and wanted to provide an update regarding the state of the tournaments.

We are glad to announce the third iteration of our CCC tournament, the press release is available at https://www.chess.com/news/view/compute ... apid-redux [CCC3]

We are relatively new to the engine tournament world and with Norman's guidance was able to come up with an amazing infrastructure
that showcases the latest engines and an amazing GUI for users to view and enjoy the experience. After Norman left CCC due to
some personal reasons, the team members of CCC especially Jesse and Joe have raised to the occasion and taken up the amazing
infrastructure that Normal had built. But there are some teething problems that have plagued us in the last few stages especially in CCC2 like

1. Schedule not getting updated
2. Lc0 moveoverhead being high.
3. Games not getting completed/crashing
4. Crosstable of previous events missing
5. PGN's not being available [this is fixed by going to CCC twitch chat and saying !pgns, you get list of all pgns].

Jesse and Joe have been struggling to keep this infrastructure running as much as they could. But this is not sustainable in the long run, so they have come up with a brand new system which eliminates all the existing issues and is relatively far far easy to operate and maintain. We are testing it thoroughly to make sure viewers get the best experience possible.

We initially planned to get it released for CCC3, but unfortunately it could not be done.

I kindly request the viewers to be bit patient and understanding and the entire team guarantees that we will get all of this resolved and make CCC
the best tournament.

I am very happy to be working with such a wonderful and dedicated team from chess.com who are passionate about this.

If you have any suggestions/criticism i am all ears.

Regards,
Arun