Fall 2017 engine tournament, 11 cpu , 60m+15s

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Harvey Williamson, bob

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Hugo
Posts: 775
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:10 am

Fall 2017 engine tournament, 11 cpu , 60m+15s

Post by Hugo » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:02 am

Wellcome ALL to

Fall 2017 engine tournament, 11 cpu , 60m+15s

- machine 12cpu Intel E5-2697 v2 @ 3.0Ghz, ht deactivated
- each engine 11 cpu (popcnt compiles), 8GB hashtables, no large pages memory
- ponder OFF
- time per game 60min + 15 sec
- round robin 4 cycles, 264 games, expected runtime 26 days
- 7moves book

12 participants:

- Andscacs 0.92
- Booot 6.2_x64
- Chiron 4 64bit
- Deep Shredder 13 x64
- Fire 6.1 x64 popcnt
- Fizbo 1.9
- Ginkgo 2.0
- Houdini 6 Pro x64-popc
- Komodo 1943.00 64-bit
- Nirvanachess Chess 2.4
- Stockfish 170917 64 POPCNT
- Texel 1.07

live standings, 5min frequency:

http://www.clemens-keck.de/livegames

regards, Clemens Keck

arunsoorya1309
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:55 pm

Re: Fall 2017 engine tournament, 11 cpu , 60m+15s

Post by arunsoorya1309 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:15 pm

Hi Clemens,

Thanks for the live games, any idea why SF is a bit old version when there is atleast one good patch after 170917

Regards,
Arun

Hugo
Posts: 775
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:10 am

Re: Fall 2017 engine tournament, 11 cpu , 60m+15s

Post by Hugo » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:47 pm

Stockfish 170917 did quite well in my top3 engine comparison, so I wanted it to be in. Next time pls PM.
arunsoorya1309 wrote:Hi Clemens,

Thanks for the live games, any idea why SF is a bit old version when there is atleast one good patch after 170917

Regards,
Arun

Hugo
Posts: 775
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:10 am

Re: Fall 2017 engine tournament, 11 cpu , 60m+15s

Post by Hugo » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:22 am

First 16 games :
http://www.clemens-keck.de/ReplayZone/fall2017.htm

Hugo wrote:Wellcome ALL to

Fall 2017 engine tournament, 11 cpu , 60m+15s

- machine 12cpu Intel E5-2697 v2 @ 3.0Ghz, ht deactivated
- each engine 11 cpu (popcnt compiles), 8GB hashtables, no large pages memory
- ponder OFF
- time per game 60min + 15 sec
- round robin 4 cycles, 264 games, expected runtime 26 days
- 7moves book

12 participants:

- Andscacs 0.92
- Booot 6.2_x64
- Chiron 4 64bit
- Deep Shredder 13 x64
- Fire 6.1 x64 popcnt
- Fizbo 1.9
- Ginkgo 2.0
- Houdini 6 Pro x64-popc
- Komodo 1943.00 64-bit
- Nirvanachess Chess 2.4
- Stockfish 170917 64 POPCNT
- Texel 1.07

live standings, 5min frequency:

http://www.clemens-keck.de/livegames

regards, Clemens Keck

Hugo
Posts: 775
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:10 am

Re: Fall 2017 engine tournament, 11 cpu , 60m+15s

Post by Hugo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:03 pm

Hi All

the tournament is running without problems. Houdini 6 won its games vs Komodo and Stockfish and is in the lead now, but many games still to play.
45 games now uploaded.
Cycle 1 after 66 games.

Regards, C.K.

arunsoorya1309
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:55 pm

Re: Fall 2017 engine tournament, 11 cpu , 60m+15s

Post by arunsoorya1309 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:50 pm

Do you use endgame tablebase for your tournament

Hugo
Posts: 775
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:10 am

Re: Fall 2017 engine tournament, 11 cpu , 60m+15s

Post by Hugo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:29 pm

arunsoorya1309 wrote:Do you use endgame tablebase for your tournament
full set of syzygy 6 men on fast ssd is used

User avatar
cdani
Posts: 2104
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:24 am
Location: Andorra
Contact:

Re: Fall 2017 engine tournament, 11 cpu , 60m+15s

Post by cdani » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:24 pm

Thanks for this very nice tournament!! :-)

arunsoorya1309
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:55 pm

Re: Fall 2017 engine tournament, 11 cpu , 60m+15s

Post by arunsoorya1309 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:11 pm

Yes, its a very nice tournament, and many positions that would be drawn are being played out and the games are decisive. Thanks for your time and effort.

petero2
Posts: 580
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:07 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Fall 2017 engine tournament, 11 cpu , 60m+15s

Post by petero2 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:36 pm

arunsoorya1309 wrote:Yes, its a very nice tournament, and many positions that would be drawn are being played out and the games are decisive. Thanks for your time and effort.
Yes, very nice tournament. Here is an example from Fire - Texel that could have been drawn with different adjudication settings:
[D]r3r3/2q3bk/b1p1p1p1/1pPpPpPp/pP3P1P/P3P3/1B1R4/1K1B1QR1 w - - 73 94
Texel did not see 94. Bxh5 coming and quickly lost after that move. Before that move both engines thought the game was close to a draw.

Post Reply