Grand Blitz Tournament: For Engines upto 2300

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

swami

Re: Grand Blitz Tournament: For Engines upto 2300

Post by swami »

Thanks for your interest, and you're most welcome, Dennis.

Here's the full HTML table with complete head to head results of individual engines.

https://sites.google.com/site/grandblit ... ects=0&d=1
swami

Post by swami »

Some Notes:

1. Shallow Rev688 won the tournament with a 2.5 points lead. It's a closely contested event. ECE 12 was dominating nearly till towards the end of first half.

2. Matant's performance is especially noteworthy. Being a 1900-2000 rated engine in many lists, and in this sub 2300 tournament, it's rank has leapfrogged to #14 in the end. Matant is definitely an excellent blitz engine with good time management and evaluation required for a short time control.

3. From the sub 1900 category which were selected for this event, Crabby 2.0.0 DJ (#54) scored better against tougher opposition than it did with weaker opposition. Timea, the winner of sub-1900, now ranked #86, is polar opposite, and find it difficult against the tougher opposition.

4. Top 10 from this list, will be playing in the next tournament which will likely consist of set of engines rated below 2600.
Günther Höhne

Post by Günther Höhne »

Hi Swami,

thanks for the Tournament. I tried Amundsen 0.80 (Jim Ablett Compile) under Arena 3.5.1, but it made illegal moves. Which Compile use them?

Regards
Günther
swami

Post by swami »

Günther Höhne wrote:Hi Swami,

thanks for the Tournament. I tried Amundsen 0.80 (Jim Ablett Compile) under Arena 3.5.1, but it made illegal moves. Which Compile use them?

Regards
Günther
Hi Gunther,

I use 64 bit JA compile for Intel and it works just fine for me. Was there some setting in Arena that's problematic? Restart the engine, Start new game, increase the time and see. I am sure that this will work without any problem.

Regards,
Swami