Komodo 9.3 vs Stockfish

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, bob, hgm

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
beram
Posts: 1187
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:11 pm

Komodo 9.3 vs Stockfish

Post by beram » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:47 am

First test with Komodo 9.3 is done with one of the strongest latest Stockfish compiles SF 121115IP (Ipman compile)
SF came out as a winner but +20 - 16 is pretty close I would say
Privat testbook of 25 positions 2 runs 100games
Both engines with standard setting, 512 Mb Hash, ponder off

Code: Select all

SF 121115IP - Komodo 9.3 Blitz 3m2s     i5 4200M @2500Mhz, 2 cpu (Fritzmark 5,1) 
1   SF 121115IP 64 BMI2   +14  +20/=64/-16 52.00%   52.0/100
2   Komodo 9.3 64-bit     -14  +16/=64/-20 48.00%   48.0/100
earlier result of Komodo 9.2(ct=0) against SF 121115 was a 60% win and a record for a SFdev against Komodo 9.2(ct=0) under these conditions
(http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... 71&t=57871)

Kaj Soderberg
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Komodo 9.3 vs Stockfish

Post by Kaj Soderberg » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:41 pm

So is this particular ipman compile available somewhere?

I found quite a few from ipman on the net, but not this one.
Would be nice to play around with it.

beram
Posts: 1187
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:11 pm

Re: Komodo 9.3 vs Stockfish

Post by beram » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:44 pm

Kaj Soderberg wrote:So is this particular ipman compile available somewhere?

I found quite a few from ipman on the net, but not this one.
Would be nice to play around with it.
I found it on XXX:
http://XXX

User avatar
Nathanael Russell
Posts: 803
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:50 pm
Location: Philadelphia, USA
Contact:

Re: Komodo 9.3 vs Stockfish

Post by Nathanael Russell » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:35 pm

Author Ipman

Stockfish 121115IP x32 gen
Stockfish 121115IP x32 old
Stockfish 121115IP x32 sse
Stockfish 121115IP x64 bmi2
Stockfish 121115IP x64 gen
Stockfish 121115IP x64 pop
Stockfish 121115IP x64 sse

Code: Select all

https://mega.nz/#!Kdoz0IAC!2FCNIlJsn8x_UlpuZGCExwHxzCbZb3_PibgLVk_nBOA
Core_Engine_Tester_CCRL
Image

beram
Posts: 1187
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:11 pm

Re: Komodo 9.3 vs Stockfish

Post by beram » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:43 am

beram wrote:First test with Komodo 9.3 is done with one of the strongest latest Stockfish compiles SF 121115IP (Ipman compile)
SF came out as a winner but +20 - 16 is pretty close I would say
Privat testbook of 25 positions 2 runs 100games
Both engines with standard setting, 512 Mb Hash, ponder off

Code: Select all

SF 121115IP - Komodo 9.3 Blitz 3m2s     i5 4200M @2500Mhz, 2 cpu (Fritzmark 5,1) 
1   SF 121115IP 64 BMI2   +14  +20/=64/-16 52.00%   52.0/100
2   Komodo 9.3 64-bit     -14  +16/=64/-20 48.00%   48.0/100
earlier result of Komodo 9.2(ct=0) against SF 121115 was a 60% win and a record for a SFdev against Komodo 9.2(ct=0) under these conditions
(http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... 71&t=57871)
Second test with Komodo 9.3 with contempt=0 setting
51% for SF 121115IP

Code: Select all

SF 121115IP - Komodo 9.3(ct=0) Blitz 3m2s     i5 4200M @2500Mhz, 2 cpu (Fritzmark 5,1)
1   SF 121115IP 64 BMI2    +7  +21/=60/-19 51.00%   51.0/100
2   Komodo 9.3 64-bit      -7  +19/=60/-21 49.00%   49.0/100

shrapnel
Posts: 1340
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:43 am
Location: New Delhi, India

Re: Komodo 9.3 vs Stockfish

Post by shrapnel » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:51 am

Blitz games ? Gimme a break !
Everyone knows that Komodo can only beat Stockfish in 30 Minutes games and above.
Anything shorter, and Stockfish will win always.
Pointless testing.
i7 5960X @ 4.1 Ghz, 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM, Twin Asus ROG Strix OC 11 GB Geforce 2080 Tis

WuShock
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:13 am

Re: Komodo 9.3 vs Stockfish

Post by WuShock » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:03 pm

Blitz games ? Gimme a break !
Everyone knows that Komodo can only beat Stockfish in 30 Minutes games and above.
Anything shorter, and Stockfish will win always.
Pointless testing.

Gimme a break .......... cut out your nasty comments .......

Thank you , that is all ..........

stavros
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:29 am

Re: Komodo 9.3 vs Stockfish

Post by stavros » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:42 pm

shrapnel wrote:Blitz games ? Gimme a break !
Everyone knows that Komodo can only beat Stockfish in 30 Minutes games and above.
Anything shorter, and Stockfish will win always.
Pointless testing.
firt of all sf 7 its not out yet and wont soon.
blitz and rapid its not chess? lol, how ru considering the "best engine"?
do i need specific time control,hardware etc?
iam considering a "best engine" at any time control,hardware ,os etc.

beram
Posts: 1187
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:11 pm

Re: Komodo 9.3 vs Stockfish

Post by beram » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:22 am

beram wrote:
beram wrote:First test with Komodo 9.3 is done with one of the strongest latest Stockfish compiles SF 121115IP (Ipman compile)
SF came out as a winner but +20 - 16 is pretty close I would say
Privat testbook of 25 positions 2 runs 100games
Both engines with standard setting, 512 Mb Hash, ponder off

Code: Select all

SF 121115IP - Komodo 9.3 Blitz 3m2s     i5 4200M @2500Mhz, 2 cpu (Fritzmark 5,1) 
1   SF 121115IP 64 BMI2   +14  +20/=64/-16 52.00%   52.0/100
2   Komodo 9.3 64-bit     -14  +16/=64/-20 48.00%   48.0/100
earlier result of Komodo 9.2(ct=0) against SF 121115 was a 60% win and a record for a SFdev against Komodo 9.2(ct=0) under these conditions
(http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... 71&t=57871)
Second test with Komodo 9.3 with contempt=0 setting
51% for SF 121115IP

Code: Select all

SF 121115IP - Komodo 9.3(ct=0) Blitz 3m2s     i5 4200M @2500Mhz, 2 cpu (Fritzmark 5,1)
1   SF 121115IP 64 BMI2    +7  +21/=60/-19 51.00%   51.0/100
2   Komodo 9.3 64-bit      -7  +19/=60/-21 49.00%   49.0/100
And a third test on my AMD X6 1090T with 4 cores and same openingsbook
gives a 53% win for SF 121115IP with a high 72% draw percentage

Code: Select all

SF 121115IP - Komodo 9.3(ct=0), Blitz 3m2s
                             
1   SF 121115IP 64      +21  +17/=72/-11 53.00%   53.0/100
2   Komodo 9.3 64-bit   -21  +11/=72/-17 47.00%   47.0/100

Modern Times
Posts: 2604
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Komodo 9.3 vs Stockfish

Post by Modern Times » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:26 pm

Seems that on the hardware that 99% of us can afford and run, Stockfish is stronger in game-play. But on TCEC like hardware, with long time control, the tables are turned. For analysis purposes that makes Komodo the weapon of choice, but if you are serious about things you'll use at least one other engine as well.
.

Opinions expressed here are my own, and not necessarily those of the CCRL Group.

Post Reply