Hi Def Komodo 9 YouTube Tournament, Take 2

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Hi Def Komodo 9 YouTube Tournament, Take 2

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

beram wrote:
RJN wrote:
shrapnel wrote:Hi Rob
I suggest you use Drawscore 0, or anything else but the Default Drawscore -7, which is simply NOT recommended against Stockfish.
Changes Made after game 135:

Komodo DrawScore from -7 to 0

Komodo TableMemory from 128 to 256

(Hash is still 8GB for all engines, that might be a bit high for this time control, but I am also testing the new computer, and have plenty of RAM. Enough for windows to cache 40GB of the Syzygy WDL, so there is not very much SSD activity as the tournament progresses)

Houdini contempt from 1 to 0

I doubt this will make too much difference, but there it is.
Hi Rob, it for sure doesnt make any difference
Look for example at these tests, 400 games with Komodo1339 at drawscore 0 and 400 games with default -7 made in december by Ray Banks
With drawscore 0 Komodo scored 47,25 % and with drawscore -7 (default) just even higher 47,75%
http://kirill-kryukov.com/chess/discuss ... f=7&t=7907
It makes perfect sense if you go deeper than -7,let say -11 or even -13 and playing weaker opponents down the rating list....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
shrapnel

Post by shrapnel »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:It makes perfect sense if you go deeper than -7,let say -11 or even -13 and playing weaker opponents down the rating list....
Dr.D
Hi Dr Deeb
Should Drawscore always be an odd number ? Just curious.
i7 5960X @ 4.1 Ghz, 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM, Twin Asus ROG Strix OC 11 GB Geforce 2080 Tis
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

shrapnel wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:It makes perfect sense if you go deeper than -7,let say -11 or even -13 and playing weaker opponents down the rating list....
Dr.D
Hi Dr Deeb
Should Drawscore always be an odd number ? Just curious.
Hi,
No,but these are the values that worked for me....

If you have Komodo 7.0a,try a personality with Drawscore -11 and you'll be surprised by the results....

As for Komodo 8.0,-13 was optimal to gain a decent Elo against a wide variety of opponents....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
shrapnel

Post by shrapnel »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:Hi,

If you have Komodo 7.0a,try a personality with Drawscore -11 and you'll be surprised by the results....

As for Komodo 8.0,-13 was optimal to gain a decent Elo against a wide variety of opponents....
Dr.D
You could be right.
Surprisingly, I think even Draw Score 0 is not good for Komodo 9, even against Stockfish !
What is your recommendation for DrawScore for Komodo 9 ?
(Nice to talk to you. Many Jordanian students in Delhi.)
Thank You
i7 5960X @ 4.1 Ghz, 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM, Twin Asus ROG Strix OC 11 GB Geforce 2080 Tis
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

shrapnel wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:Hi,

Dr.D
You could be right.
Surprisingly, I think even Draw Score 0 is not good for Komodo 9, even against Stockfish !
What is your recommendation for DrawScore for Komodo 9 ?
(Nice to talk to you. Many Jordanian students in Delhi.)
Thank You
It's good to hear :D

India is a magical land for me and will always be :D

I don't have Komodo 9 yet Anil as I wait for the Chessbase version but IIRC,there are quite new parameters to play with like Selectivity,Rduction and my favorite KingSafety....

We'll see :wink:
Dr.D
RJN

Post by RJN »

Vinvin wrote:
RJN wrote:Sorry about the repeat of information, but I wanted to make sure people see that there is a New Link, NO Watermarks!

https://youtu.be/mSMWnl30mHM
Please, would you post the games somewhere ?
There were an interesting pawn endgame 10 minutes ago.
Here is the PGN (204 games), I will update occasionally.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8bjlk4fjmcfzd ... 5.zip?dl=0