Is someone testing Rhetoric 1.4.1 for the CCRL 40/4 list?

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Is someone testing Rhetoric 1.4.1 for the CCRL 40/4 list

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

asanjuan wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
asanjuan wrote:
Andre wrote:Any chance for a Mac OS compile for Rhetoric?
Good question...
I've never thought about it. I don't make any compile for linux either. Next version will include more endgame knowledge, maybe SMP.
Let's see if I can make binaries for Linux and Mac.

Thanks for your input.
Great news Alberto....

I hope that the new version will keep it's unique playing style....

I am testing Rhetoric intensively in my private rating list....
Dr.D
I hope you don't get disappointed when testing Rhetoric. :lol:. It will lose competing against the top.

My goal is to build such a good chess player so we can learn to play better chess with it, in every phase of the game. As a (bad) Club player, this is what I need.

For me it's more important that Rhetoric can find creative and unexpected good moves based on simple concepts and automated learning. Elo just came in the process.

Of course, people wants the better engine and has to compare with an objective measure, this is the Elo, but given the strenght of any of the 2500+ elo engines, we, as humans, can learn a lot from any of them.

There's no need for a 1800 player to analyze with the top 1 constantly. Number 1 changes every year, and we have been surpassed by their calculation power. If we have learnt from (say) Fritz 5 in the past, we can learn a lot more still today.

I always lose against any engine and I believe that 99% of the people still loses against them.

Moving on, I can't promise to update Rhetoric soon, sorry. I have two children at home and I don't have much time, but let's go step by step.

Regards.
Thanks Alberto for the quick reply....

I play the chess engines a lot myself and I have a lot of wins even against +2700 Elo chess engines....

Last year I was so busy going through life with two children like yourself and a lot of work so I didn't play a single game until last Christmas when I resumed my tradition of playing against the silicon monsters....

I will conduct a 12 games match against Rhetoric and I'll post some games if I manage to make a draw here and there regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….